News conference 061500.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by stinker, Apr 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is to be a news conference with the 15 starting at 1500 hrs for those that haven't heard.
  2. having just watched the press conference,my sympathies are even more with the 15 sailors! If Faye Turney was really told the others had all gone home and she was there alone,i'm not bloody surprised she wrote letters that said exactly what she was told to write. And being blindfolded,put against a wall and hearing weapons cocked....
    I'm just glad they're all home safe and well
  3. "Had bags on there heads" "Solitary confinement and isolation"... fook me stop the press.

They were put through the mire, and it is clear that they were basically snared by the Iranians for gain. And to hear that Ms Turney was told the men had all been sent back and that she was there alone is a little bit naughty.

But what will Aunty Tony do?

Fcuk all.... and we are now no longer patrolling the waters..

10 - 0 to Iran!
  4. I'm glad to see them back, horrified (but not surprised) at what they had to endure.
    I'm impressed with the way they have handled the interviews and with the press for behaving. Most amazing must be that members of the press managed to keep OPSEC in mind (BBC and Independent) at the beginning of this saga.
  5. Will you all please stop speculating so publicly?

I am extremely angry that some of you have been chopsing off for days about this and that but, kept my tongue in case it caused them grief. As far as I can tell the only w@nks gobbing off in here have never:

a. Been captured.
    b. Received "proper" training in CAC.

Thank God they are back.

Trust me not everything is always as it seems!!

The truth will out
  6. PUT YOUR DUMMY BACK IN,we were commenting on what was said at the press conference, by the servicemen in question, and is therefore already in the public domain
  7. NO,

You have no idea!

I hope you have a great "debate" in here.
  8. what the hell are you blathering on about? Have you read the posts above?
  9. we're not having a debate,and from what i can see every post so far is supportive of the personnel and wishing them well!
  10. Yes. Things like you saying how "shocked" you were!!

Why were you shocked? Because you have never received proper CAC trg perhaps?

11. when did I say I was shocked?
  12. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

I was somewhat worried when they said they were sending them back by business class on BA. The image of 15 Matlots and Bootnecks on a 15 hour free booze bender with Hosties ahoy could have ended soooo badly..

"Here we have the brave men and women stepping off the plane, hold on several of them have fallen over and.... two seem to be naked with some kind of cusions on their arms.... Oh and some RAF Policemen are going through their luggage... and have removed some suits, apparently they could have been looted...."
  13. You know what I mean XXXXX sorry Phantom
  14. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Good to see they are all fit and well and I think Chris and Felix handled the press well.

Seems despite all the armchair warriors going on about holding out and resisting etc and blah and blah.

They knew what they were doing and did it well.
  15. "shocked"
    you're the only person who has used the word shocked so how can you quote it! TOP said horrified which implies a subjective reaction to what was said by the servicemen,and the things which happened to them. Since when is it speculative to be horrified at someones elses treatment?