• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

News at 10 Interview with OC 4 Rifles

Did anyone see the interview last night? Basically chap from British Bullshit Corporation asked/implied we'd legged it from Basra Palace, to which OC 4 Rifles stated "That's Bollocks.", or words to that effect, as his first statement. Lets hope some gimp from Whitehall doesn't come down on him. I'm a tad teed off with the yanks and everyone doing the lads down, and it's good to see that the Spirit of Dickie is alive and kicking in that the zobs are standing up for the lads.

We all know why it's gone pear shaped, but thrusting it in the face of those on the ground is never a good idea...remember what Bob Stewart did to those 2 press strokers in Bosnia anyone? If you do the journalists don't. Will they ever learn.

One last thing have all the old county regiments now gone? The Glorious Woofers are part of the Mercian Regt. A sad day. :x

Patrick Sanders is an outstanding soldier and an exceptional man. His eloquence with the spoken and written word makes him a joy to listen to. I defy anyone not to be moved by the eulogy he wrote for Paul Harding within a couple of hours of his death.

B

Biscuits_AB

He said 'That's bollox'. It was funny as f*ck actually....he was quite straight faced about it as well. It was a bloody good and apt response to a stupid provocative comment, intended to damage morale.

A very straight talking man indeed. Good to see....and hear. If as predicated, we face a generation of conflict, it'll hopefully see straight talking guys like him leading the way (and also the demise of the 'careerists' who have blighted the Army over the past 20 years).

What a star of a CO he is! With the amount of IDF they got each day in BP i am amazed that he didnt twat the reporter for such a stupid remark!

sandy_boots said:
Patrick Sanders is an outstanding soldier and an exceptional man. His eloquence with the spoken and written word makes him a joy to listen to. I defy anyone not to be moved by the eulogy he wrote for Paul Harding within a couple of hours of his death.
I read them all, but you're spot on, this one left me with something in my eye... Sorry I missed it, any YouTube or similar link would be apprecited.

BTW, what was his former regiment?

Pitster said:
sandy_boots said:
I read them all, but you're spot on, this one left me with something in my eye... Sorry I missed it, any YouTube or similar link would be apprecited.

BTW, what was his former regiment?
I believe he was RGJ all his career, and he is a staunch Football fan as well

Just picked this up from the MoD website, discussing the move from Basra Palace:;

"The operation to reposition the battlegroup began yesterday at 2200 hrs local time. Just before 0100 hrs a bugler sounded the advance as the Battlegroup moved out of the Palace in Bulldog, Mastiff, and Warrior vehicles, and helicopters flew overhead"

Outstanding, outstanding... I hope that makes YouTube...

sandy_boots said:
I sent an email to Patrick Sanders when I read the eulogy for Paul Harding, as I had never read a more moving & human eulogy. I never expected a reply, bearing in mind what a difficult job he has, but I got one. He is indeed a good man.

Spoke to a mate of mine last night *yea yea i have friends* who works over in Iraq (Civvie) and he indicated that the impression the Yanks had was the Brits are doing arunner. and they would not be happy leaving the MSR unprotected??

The MSR doesn't go through the middle of Basra, so the withdrawal of 4 RIFLES to the COB isn't going to make any difference to that.

That said, hopefully Gordon is teeing us up to get the fuc oot of Dodge and the yanks can look after their own MSR.

I've tried listening again to this thing on Radio 4 but the clip ends just as Ed Stourton is about to introduce Lt.Col Sanders, WTF is going on???? :evil: :evil:

No other word would have got the message accross anywhere near well as the word "Bollox" in that situation. The word "bollox" therefore should now be introduced into the English dictionary as it can sometimes be an extremely fitting word.

Latest Threads