News article: 2 PARA plough on through snowy exercise

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jan 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Breaking News...........

Soldiers train in snow!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. And 3, 2, 1 .....

Cue stab bleating.

And before you ask it's because you're shit and can't even dress yourselves correctly never mind deploy in arduous conditions without becoming a liability to yourselves and others.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. That can not be 2 PARA must be 2 Para Sqn. RAF Regt. Only the RAF PR machine would produce such an awful, embarassing and cringeworthy pile of shite!
  5. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I'm slightly confused. Why does the army think that Northumbria is hostile territory? I have missed some news?
    • Like Like x 2
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

My Auntie Edna is in sheltered accommodation up Ridsdale way. She is basically bonkers and likes to escape at night in her Nightie with her teddy bear and a cup 'o tea. I have not got a Scoobie what a 2 Para is but best they be on their ****ing toes if they cross my Auntie Edna in the night between Otterburn and Spadeadem. She is scary enough in the daylight.
    • Like Like x 5
  7. TheIronDuke

Only for the last 500 years. We gave the world the word 'Feud' about 300 years before the Italians gave us the word 'Vendetta'.

Means the same but we do not share their sunny disposition. We are not hostile as such, we simply do not like ***** who talk funny.
    • Like Like x 2

8. Say it ain't snow!o_O
  9. [​IMG]

These boys love the snow...and they are on our side!

I seem to recall British troops having to fight in extreme weather in Korea dressed in little more than a woolen overcoat and canvas gaiters.

I am sure your average WW1 soldier had it a lot worse!

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Personally I find this story truly inspiring and am moved to tears every time I read how they are 'ploughing on' but, for the benefit of a more cynical public, could one of our resident paras please explain why they consider that training in the snow is such an achievement?
  11. Civvys write the article dont they.
  12. TheIronDuke

Yeah, they do. We tried having 2 Para keep their own diaries for later publication back in '03. But there is only so much "The cat shat on the mat" bollocks you can put up with before you sub the job out to people who can write. I bet she is called Charlotte.
    • Like Like x 6

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Not necessarily and not without lots of help from the unit concerned... :)
  14. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

That's true but your pizza is crap.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You'll find out the answer to that when a TA member explains why passing a 4 mile CFT is their equivalent of a pass on the hills phase of selection.
    • Like Like x 3