Newport Shootings!

Just off Corporation Road apparently. Just surprised it doesn't happen more often in Newport tbh.
Why? what is so special about Newport? Long time since I been down that way but it just another average South Wales industrial town.
Is it gangland central now or something?

Changed a fair bit now, the city centre has pretty much died so everything has moved out to retail parks, and they're not doing so well either. There's money being pumped into the place but it's still.... Newport.

Why? what is so special about Newport? Long time since I been down that way but it just another average South Wales industrial town.
Is it gangland central now or something?

ugly

LE
Recovered the firearm, murder suicide?

Probably will turn out to have been dropped by one of the attending officers ;)
Probably. The in thing is for non firearms trained officers to deal with these incidents using "traditional policing methods" while the single ARV dedicated for the whole of Gwent comes from Cardiff.

I shit ye not.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

If it happened in Lliswerry (my old area) then probably NHI anyway.

Ah, Newport, the Land that Time forgot....

At any one time in S and Mid Wales (the S Wales, Dyfed Powis and Gwent areas) the Rozzers have three armed response cars in circulation, but one of those will be so far from the M4 it might as well be on the moon. The other two divvy up Swansea, Cardiff, Newport and the Valleys depending on prospective need - probably both within two miles of Merthyr!

Also, bear in mind that any Rozzer manning an armed response car will not have fired more than fifty rounds of the Queen's ammo in the last year so will be no more skilled than the scrote he's confronting.

Ah, Newport, the Land that Time forgot....

At any one time in S and Mid Wales (the S Wales, Dyfed Powis and Gwent areas) the Rozzers have three armed response cars in circulation, but one of those will be so far from the M4 it might as well be on the moon. The other two divvy up Swansea, Cardiff, Newport and the Valleys depending on prospective need - probably both within two miles of Merthyr!

Also, bear in mind that any Rozzer manning an armed response car will not have fired more than fifty rounds of the Queen's ammo in the last year so will be no more skilled than the scrote he's confronting.
I totally agree with your 1st paragraph. The last is, unfortunately, complete bollocks.