Newport Newport Newport - Twined with Guangxi Province in China

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Whey_Aye_Banzai, Aug 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

Awwwww... no replies so I thought I'd break your duck.
  2. This was out a month ago
  3. I thought it was pure genius until i clocked them on bbc news and not only where they bloody english but wannabe actors as well. Although on the plus side the bird was much fitter without the dodgy clothes and stinking newport accent.
  4. I live not far from the city centre, what a shit hole, looks like downtown Basra. Shops boarded up, many moving out of town. Heard a few people speaking English the other day, turned out they were visitors.
  5. Maindee?

Worked out of that nick for 4 years, the whole town is a complete shithole, with tiny pockets of nice areas.
  6. Malpas, the Beirut part, must be the only person working within 1/2 mile radius. 80% of the population are single mothers.
  7. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Theres always the horses grave ( Sir Briggs), in Tredegar house, just about the only interesting thing in Newport
  8. At least you weren't living in scumerton mate.

I lived on Barrack Hill for a couple of years until I got pissed off with stolen motorbikes roaring up and down the canal and the inevitable helicopter flying over the house.

On a brighter note, the chippy just opposite the Shell petrol station was really good.
  9. My uncle lived on barrack hill- kept pigs there at one point. Now lives in WA, so I guess he just ran as far away as he could haha
  10. maesglas ish, really like what they are doing with the place, its a sort of living history project im guessing (only just moved here) of what a penal colony used to look like and the imbred pointy headed twunts that once populated said area's.

tho i must admit the constant flashing blue lights zipping all over the place really create a nice ambience and a cold winters evening.