newly qualified ODP,what rank?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by bampot, Apr 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. at the moment starting training to gain ODP qualifications.Was wondering what rank goes with that reg/t.a.spoke to my local med unit t.a.as i know some of them ,i wasn't holding out much hope for a informed response.can anybody offer a sensible input (WIBBLE).

2. Regular Army

If you are a Pte then you will do your training as a Pte although there is the possibility of being promoted to LCpl during the course.

If you are a LCpl then you will remain a LCpl until the end of the course, then you go into the pot with everyone else and depends on recommendations and pen picture write ups.

If you are a Cpl, you will be reduced to LCpl for duration of the course (although remain on Cpl pay), at the end of the course you will go into the promotions pot with everyone else. Your pay will revert to LCpl pay, but will go up to the higher payband.

If youre a Sgt the same applies as if you were a Cpl.

But plans are afoot to bring us in line with the rest of the 21st Century and allow Cpls to retain their rank upon transfer.

3. That policy was written about 18 months ago. Done. Sorted.

4. Great stuff, is the policy actually in force now? Isnt it dependant on manning vacancies? ie if a trainee retains their Cpl does that take up a qualified ODP Cpl slot in the trades manning?

5. Policy is in force now and I suspect it is dependant on vacancies, etc. As for your other question, I dunno guv. Perhaps a whey-faced mandarin from AMS MCM Div can help you on that one?

6. Thank you, there you go Bampot, the info you asked for without a single piece of pish taking (so far)

7. You mean you understood the original question from Captain Grammar? I ignored that mangled piece of English and just responded to you!

8. I have 3 young cousins who are into text speak, I just asked them to translate what he'd dribbled above.

9. I knew it wouldn't be long until the pi$$ taking reflex kicked in.

10. Hugs and kisses to all.May your next shite have pine cones in it.

11. About time the ODPs leaving training were on the same playing field as the nurses just out of uni. Don't agree with throwing rank at anyone but until they sort out a way of paying more than the rank can receive then it is about the only way.

12. the hierarchy are looking at changing that possibly, as it causes as many problems giving someone with nil military experience and three years in uni two tapes

13. most ODPs have re-traded and have spent a fair amount of time in the army already, unlike the majority of nurses who are straight from civvie street. Who should have the tapes?

14. IMHO - they should have at least one on qualification, then 12 months probation before they get their second - if they are good enough