Newham council wants to send 500 tenants to Stoke

According to this BBC article: BBC News - Newham Council accused of 'social cleansing' of tenants Newham council in East London (where the games are to be held) have asked a Stoke housing association if they would like to take 500 'very needy' council tenants who are currently awaiting social housing. Natually Stoke council are a bit upset about this. The article makes very interesting reading, but what does 'very needy' actually mean and this comment from the MP for Stoke:

The Labour MP for Stoke-on-Trent Central, Tristram Hunt, says the rest of the country "certainly doesn't need the difficult-to-house cases London boroughs have had enough of".

"An unplanned influx of Olympic exiles will do us little good," he said.

"The 2012 Games are bringing huge riches into London. The least those boroughs could do is look after their poor and needy.

"We look forward to welcoming the flame from Stratford - but not east London's exiles."
And he's a Labour MP (solidarity brothers!) too. I wonder just who or what these people are? Asylum seekers? The terminally unemployed? or just the utter dross that Newham thinks it will be best rid of by shipping them almost 200 miles north?

Well, we're still reaping the 'benefits' of London Boroughs packing off all their druggie scum to the south coast in the 80's.

And he's a Labour MP (solidarity brothers!) too. I wonder just who or what these people are? Asylum seekers? The terminally unemployed? or just the utter dross that Newham thinks it will be best rid of by shipping them almost 200 miles north?

Any takers?

Someone knows their military history - classic pincer movement. Large ethnic minority civpop to the north. 500 families from a largely ethnic minority area of London, moving up from the south?

Would these needy families be surnamed, Smith, Jones and Williams perchance? They will all of course be British passport holders and have lived in Newham for three or four generations, so it is unfair to uproot them and send them to a far city of which we know little.

As Jones & Williams are Druid names they can **** off back to Wales.

Can't they be sent to the Republic of Ireland instead ? There are over 75,000 empty properties there and I understand the government could use the rent .
Spain is full of empty properties too, and they could certainly use the rent.....
Just put a rumour about that on top of benefits you get a free plasma TV , Sky , an I phone and Nike trainers for every member of the family if they agree to go. Job jobbed.

Well, we're still reaping the 'benefits' of London Boroughs packing off all their druggie scum to the south coast in the 80's.
To be fair, they sent a load of shit to Nottingham as well.

It's a bit like a human version of where to dump nuclear waste really.

As Jones & Williams are Druid names they can **** off back to Wales.
We've already had our villages and valleys flooded for reservoirs for bloody Birmingham.

We've done our bit.

Is this a straight copy of what the Chinese did four years ago - clear the worst of the scum off the streets before the world's media arrive? If so, can we not take it one step further and start harvesting a few organs for needy taxpayers?

Is this a straight copy of what the Chinese did four years ago - clear the worst of the scum off the streets before the world's media arrive? If so, can we not take it one step further and start harvesting a few organs for needy taxpayers?
Trouble is , Romanians are arriving faster than the authorities can clear them. According to the Great Organ of Truth that is The Daily Milf , half of Romania have arrived to beg , steal or prostitute themselves . Usual hand wringing about
" There is nothing we can do , they come for the benefits " quote . Wrong .
All EU agreements regarding open borders actually make it clear that if said migrants have no proper means to support themselves you can deny them entry .
Sadly there is no mention of harvesting their organs to pay for their deportation , but I agree , it sounds like a plan.

Stoke already has a BNP infestation. Suggest they get North Staffs A&E back onto 24 hour opening before giving this a go.

Exiled Laaandahners of every rainbow hue. Lovely. Last thing I need is Somali gunmen pushing a fruit and veg barrer about the estate.

" There is nothing we can do , they come for the benefits " quote . Wrong .
All EU agreements regarding open borders actually make it clear that if said migrants have no proper means to support themselves you can deny them entry.
If that is actually true then it works very well. France refuses to keep them & sends them on here.

Stoke already has a BNP infestation. Suggest they get North Staffs A&E back onto 24 hour opening before giving this a go.

Exiled Laaandahners of every rainbow hue. Lovely. Last thing I need is Somali gunmen pushing a fruit and veg barrer about the estate.
Maybe everyone can kick back with some Khat?

I mean, that hasn't turned London into a shitehole.

It seem's that Newham is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea and at the moment doesn't really have any other options. The government has capped housing benefit at £26000 and private sector rents in Newham are shooting up because of pressures from people looking for accomodation for the olympic games and up and coming professionals looking for better rent deals with a close proximity to their workplaces in London.

It's almost precisely what was claimed would happen if the government went forward with it's proposals for limiting housing benefit claims to £26000. The cap is a measure that I have some sympathy for, that's our money being paid out, but it's also an almost enevitable problem of relying on the private sector for housing needs. You can't control the costs of of a free market, merely try and influence them and currently, other factors are having more influence than Newham Council.

I don't know the nuts and bolts of what Newham are proposing but they are probably looking at partnership arrangements with a housing association development in Stoke on Trent. Land will be a lot cheaper to buy there without the London factor and Newham will provide some funding towards the cost's of a housing development and a guaranteed pool of applicant's for the housing when it's built.

It will on the face of it look like Newham is shoving people up north to Stoke on Trent and the locals there will no doubt take that view. It could work both ways though because it's likely that any new development up there will also cater for some local homeless family's from Stoke on Trent. If the housing association have housing opportunities in the south of England, those northern families once in the housing association's accomodation could if they wanted to, look at transferring to other schemes where vacancies occur including those down here.

The other alternatives for Newham are to either build more Council housing, something that's very unlikely to happen because of various constraints by the government or to encourage housing associations to build more local new properties to take their homeless. A more expensive option down south than up north as I have already said.

Lastly, this is going to be the tip of the iceberg. All the London authorities, particularly the inner London one's are going to be experiencing the same pain that Newham is. That means that they are all going to be looking at similar schemes to try and help resolve their homeless problems. What else can they do?

You can't control the costs of of a free market, merely try and influence them and currently, other factors are having more influence than Newham Council.
You can with fair rent acts; scrutiny of exactly where the rent money is going; not allowing grotty flats to be rented out at vastly over inflated rents with taxpayers' largesse paying the bill; and punitive taxation on any house after the second.

The laws of supply and demand have been royally****ed up by the failure to address these issues. There is also the knock-on effect that because the taxpayer is subsidising a whole load of dodgy landlords to build up huge property portfolios so many young buyers cannot afford to find property.