Newcastle united

Mate, I was on a bus going into town on Sunday when two lads got on dressed in a pretend dish dash and yea towels on their heads. My first thought was would they dress like that in Saudi? We know the answer to that. They looked stupid and I imagine the new regime thought the same.

What pissed me off more than anything on Sunday was the easy way the players heads dropped after Spurs equalized. That was shocking. They looked unfit and had no idea of a game plan. Some players Im sure won't wear a black and white shirt again. I'm talking to you Shelvey and Matt Ritchie has proved he is now pat it.

It's going to be a long haul, mate but we have hope now, hope that things can and will get better.

There's a good chance we could be meeting up next season!
Aye I wouldn't rule it out or in yet, depends on the points tally come January, obviously they'll do what they can in Jan, still got to jiggle with FFP. It's going to take time and a lot of lolly, obviously you've got both, some of the fruit bats I know are already on the champions league band wagon. Things will probs be different now, but the toon have a great tradition of shooting off their own feet.

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
Outriders of amnesty international have apparently offered cultural awareness classes to those NUFC fans who recently adopted dishdash and shemagh. They view this as cultural appropriation. This merely demonstrates beyond what any words of mine could hope to illustrate, the ideological rift valley which exists between left liberal fanatics and ordinary people. Jambiya anyone ?
They need to tell the Dundee United fans too, the original Arabs!

'The Truth': Why are Dundee United supporters called Arabs?

Dwarf

LE
Aye I wouldn't rule it out or in yet, depends on the points tally come January, obviously they'll do what they can in Jan, still got to jiggle with FFP. It's going to take time and a lot of lolly, obviously you've got both, some of the fruit bats I know are already on the champions league band wagon. Things will probs be different now, but the toon have a great tradition of shooting off their own feet.
If the new bloke can get the team playing together then in Jan we geet a striker, a couple of mid-fielders and maybe a defender that should do for now and survival. But a lot depends on between now and Jan, and safety most certainly isn't assured.

Sky Sports is running that the target seems to be Paulo Fonseca, which appears to be fairly solid rumour rather than the throwing names around for fun that has been the case so far.

Dwarf

LE
From the fan site NUFC.com it is rather prescient and sums up Newcastle under Ashley in a nutshell, and Bruce's regime as well.

The usual suspect

After the new administration succeeded in getting Br(uc)exit done, we thought it worthwhile revisiting our reaction to his installation at SJP in July 2019:

So all the talk of progressive football has been sacrificed on the altar of expedience and we're now saddled with a John Carver/Steve McClaren reboot.

We don't really care about his club hopping or the plight he's left Wednesday in; Bruce's mackem connection or his perception as an Old Trafford apologist is of little consequence.

And even the claim that the man who allegedly bleeds black and white once preferred Norwich City to Newcastle doesn't particularly matter - football is a lie, as his predecessor was fond of saying.

Regardless of your viewpoint of Rafa though, this appointment cannot be seen as anything other than a retrograde step - a man who previously boasted of his dislike of tactics.

This is the very opposite of ambition, but an appointment that nicely mirrors our grubby, unloved, derided shell of a football club.

One of the game’s greatest mercenary managers is now in residence at his "spiritual home", for now.

Acutely aware of the frosty reception awaiting, Bruce has accepted the job with open arms knowing that the worst case scenario is a multi-million payout.

The job title given to him of Head Coach seems significant: with just over three weeks to go until the transfer window closes, let's hope that whoever is actually in charge of recruitment on Barrack Road has a coherent and credible plan to avoid what looks like nothing but a relegation fight.

Whether the club have shown some foresight in appointing Bruce remains to be seen; perhaps they've merely acquired a manager with promotion to the top flight on his CV, 13 months before he's needed.

We may have got the timescale wrong in the last paragraph, but the direction of travel was correct.....

Paulo Fonseca's name has shot to the top of the lengthy next manager list. I did not really know to much about him .

Take Olle,* go on he has experience of managing a huge club with huge expectations.
He has failed to win a trophy mind you but on the positive it doesn’t look as though Man Utd will be in a relegation battle.

*If at first you don’t succeed… :slow:
The Premier League is only eight games old Gouty, don't be too confident. ;)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The Premier League is only eight games old Gouty, don't be too confident. ;)
We really did peak early this season. Leeds wasn’t it?

Well well well.
Newcastle Manager.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
246602388_2951243051791725_9081397204342408995_n.jpg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
If he gets lost on the way to Geordie land can someone direct him to Manchester.
Ive never heard of this chap but he looks as though he has something about him, and does look a tad familiar.

Perhaps he could be a go between between and bung Olle an envelope as an incentive to take a pay off and feck off..Yep I think that’ll work.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
If he gets lost on the way to Geordie land can someone direct him to Manchester.
Ive never heard of this chap but he looks as though he has something about him, and does look a tad familiar.

Perhaps he could be a go between between and bung Olle an envelope as an incentive to take a pay off and feck off..Yep I think that’ll work.
Another Mackem agent embedded in Newcastle? The Geordies would love that.

NOT!!!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I‘d just like to ask, are the Newcastle fans a tad worried that the new owners can’t appear to find a manager?
Do they need to recruit a director of football quickly and an experienced well known one at that to be their new recruiting officer?

I thought they would have got someone in a few days after they sacked Bruce, appears money doesn’t talk quite as loudly as we thought.

Dwarf

LE
Personally I'm not overly worried as yet. The new owners need to find their feet and the real investment has yet to come. The euforia is dying down and facing the relegation battle is the main issue.
Whoever they choose will know that he is just a temporary figure to save the club from dropping, -if that is possible- and setting a base to attract a real heavyweight with a proven track record.

Emery would have been a good choice, but he is in a comfortable position with a club in the Champions League, why should he drop that for a relegation battle? But the club had to try.

Short term it's going to be rough, but the longer view has me confident, I've waited 53 years for a trophy I can wait another four or five. Then I'll get drunk for a week.

However I would like to see a Director of Football in place fairly soon as well, but then you have to find the right one and persuade him to come.

We've had enough doom, gloom and bad times under Ashley, what's a bit more when the long-term forecast is good?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Paulo Fonseca's name has shot to the top of the lengthy next manager list. I did not really know to much about him .

You won’t either judging by this.
Bloody hell he couldn’t keep Bournemouth in the PL and now the richest club in the world can only attract Eddie.
Money can‘t buy you love, it can’t get you a top manager either

Statistics

War Hero
Honestly, I'd be happy if they appointed the Tea Lady. Anything is an upgrade on Bruce. Howe is an experienced manager took Bournemouth from League 2 to the Prem and kept them their for a long time. He already knows some of our players, know for meticulous planning and attention to detail, is he my first choice? No way, but it's not a bad second choice. Onwards and upwards.

Dwarf

LE
You won’t either judging by this.
Bloody hell he couldn’t keep Bournemouth in the PL and now the richest club in the world can only attract Eddie.
Money can‘t buy you love, it can’t get you a top manager either
Doesn't matter too much, though he has had reasonable runs elsewhere. He has to be better than Bruce. Provided we can stay up then that's all we really need right now.
Whoever comes in will only be a temporary incumbent, as may the next one before we get a top class bloke. Right now it's very clear that the top blokes will be wary of the job because it will take them 4-5 years to get the club where they want them to be. Ditto the top players.
There's a lot of work to be done after the Ashley years to give the club a good base for success, so right now we need a goodish manager who understands that football is more than the things you have to do between trips to your holiday home in Portugal. Meanwhile the other investments have to be made in areas such as the academy, medical and social areas, all this takes time.
Ignore the more triumphant gobshites among the supporters who fundamentally misunderstand what the new owners intentions are, or indeed the realities of football and the current situation. It's a project that will take time to have lasting results not a hobby to buy a playstation team, and I for one am glad of that.

Honestly, I'd be happy if they appointed the Tea Lady. Anything is an upgrade on Bruce. Howe is an experienced manager took Bournemouth from League 2 to the Prem and kept them their for a long time. He already knows some of our players, know for meticulous planning and attention to detail, is he my first choice? No way, but it's not a bad second choice. Onwards and upwards.
They'll only attract the big boys once the wheels are in full motion, still far too much comedy gold going on at present.

Statistics

War Hero
They'll only attract the big boys once the wheels are in full motion, still far too much comedy gold going on at present.

Yep, agreed. We are 19th...6 points adrift, as Dwarf says it'll be a while till someone "big" wants the job, and there is lots of work needed in all areas of the Club first.

Latest Threads