Newcastle to get relegated?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by box-of-frogs, Sep 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's happened to big clubs before - Man City, Forest etc. And they weren't in the turmoil that has set in up in Newcastle.

Will the toon get relegated this season???

2. Not if they get the right man in soon, the season is just starting.
    Leave it too late and it's a cert.

3. With any luck :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

4. I reckon they'll be going down with the Stoke! And hopefully Blackburn...........!

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Care to make a small wager on that?

6. Who said the Toon are a big club. A big club is a club

1. As a big Fan base worldwide (Not just in a city with one team).
    2. As the money and koudos to attract big names.
    3. As won major honours in both domestic and european competitions.

7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Is it raining in Manchester today? Or are you one of the supporters who live in Cornwall? In which case is it raining there?

Do one. A big club is defined by the fact that a big club could still fill 50,000 seats even if they got relegated. A snide club is defined by the fact that they only sing when they're winning, and have as many supporters in Wales as they do in Manchester.

9. Who said the Toon are a big club. A big club is a club

1. As a big Fan base worldwide (Not just in a city with one team). Liverpool then?
    2. As the money and koudos to attract big names. Def Man City

3. As won major honours in both domestic and european competitions. Everton?

10. Living near Newcastle i often see geordie's and unfortunately have to talk to them, and whenever the subject of football crops up they seem to think they are some kind of hot sh!t.

I simply don't understand, now don't get me wrong its not as if middlesboro are king of the crop, but we don't think we are.

I've only ever met about 2 TOON fans who aren't complete idiots, and realise that they aren't Chelsea in disguise.

Basically is what im saying is Newcastle ARE NOT the biggest club in the world, and whats more than that they are 3rd in the northeast after Sunderland and Middlesboro.

Hopefully they will be in the Championship next season :lol:

11. I hope for their sake that if they take on El Tel as manager, they don't give him access to the firm's cheque book........

12. A big difference, of course, between having 50,000 seats and filling them. The 'Toon Faithful' are currently burning their season tickets and waving pitchforks, no time to actually sit and watch football. If that's the kind of loyalty they're showing now, what will happen when (not if) they're relegated?

Newcastle were a big club once, and could be again one day, but at the moment they are a mediocre club with a large(ish) stadium, nothing more.

edited to add: http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats/stats_att_06.htm

According to your logic, does that mean that Newcastle are a bigger club than Liverpool? Have a word.

13. There is a positive for the 'greatest fan's in the NE' - they are still in the FA Cup. Roll on 25 Oct, with Barton's first game back as well :)

14. Currently behind both the other North East Premiership Clubs, but come the end of the season? Not a chance, Last nights attendance, although lowest at St James's for a while is better than your average gate.
    Makems and Smoggies we will take 6 points from you both this season.

The crisis at Newcastle will get sorted, once Fat cnut and the Poison Dwarf have fcuked off.

No one i know has claimed the Toon are Chelsea in disguise, who the fcuk would want to be!

When Ashley arrived he promised money for transfers, and backing for Keegan, neither happened.
    I am one of the few that think Keegan shouldn't come back, he has never seen a job through in his life, he failed at Newcastle before, failed at City, Fulham, and England, he cant take pressure, better off without him.
    Although no one is mad enough to take the job at the moment.

One thing where you smoggies beat us though is your chairman he is one of the best, no undermining of your manager, full support and backing.