Newcastle - nice place or not?

Newcastle nice place or not?

• N0 - I agree with Biscuits A_B - It's a shiiite hole full of spiteful little people.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunno - never been.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
B

Biscuits_AB

I note that apart from arguing just for the sake of it (it's what Geordies do best), that none of them have challenged what I have said. More than likely because they know that it's all true.

(that's one eye sore that statue isn't it.....mind you, it's in keeping with it's surroundings)

Biscuits_AB said:
I note that apart from arguing just for the sake of it (it's what Geordies do best), that none of them have challenged what I have said. More than likely because they know that it's all true.

(that's one eye sore that statue isn't it.....mind you, it's in keeping with it's surroundings)
We shall have to set the Coldstream and NUOTC on you . . . . 8) 8)

Almost time for your "tea", perhaps? :roll: 8O

caubeen said:
Biscuits_AB said:

And maybe it's time for you to take a breather on the old posting mania ffs.

Over 2000 posts in under 2 months? You need a life mate, and fast.

Biscuits_AB said:
Yes, we're having pease puddin' and stottie cake....again.
Wtf is a stottie 'cake?'

Do you mean a stottie?

B

Biscuits_AB

Moodybitch said:
caubeen said:
Biscuits_AB said:

And maybe it's time for you to take a breather on the old posting mania ffs.

Over 2000 posts in under 2 months? You need a life mate, and fast.
He's got an alarm which alerts him when I post. Have you checked the flash to bang times?

B

Biscuits_AB

Moodybitch said:
A stottie cake is a fat round loaf isn't it?
I'm still trying to work out what the f*ck pease puddin' is. By all accounts it's the local delicacy...eaten with stottie 'cake' which I think is the Geordie version of Nan Bread.

Stottie is not a cake but a seasoned, unsweetened bread made as flattened, burger-bun type "cakes", that go very well with fillings like egg banjos, bacon, chips etc.

Fulfils same function as nan and pitta bread, baps, soda farls, unfilled bridies etc.

Pease Pudding is pureed split peas or similar pulses. Very good with ham or gammon, hot or cold. Seems to have some natural preservative - can be reheated repeatedly, and keeps very well.

Pease-pudding hot, pease-pudding cold;
Pease-pudding in the pot, nine days old.
Some like it hot, some like it cold;
Some like it in the pot nine days old.

Excellent - both of them.

caubeen said:
Stottie is not a cake but a seasoned, unsweetened bread made as flattened, burger-bun type "cakes", that go very well with fillings like egg banjos, bacon, chips etc.

Fulfils same function as nan and pitta bread, baps, soda farls, unfilled bridies etc.

Pease Pudding is pureed split peas or similar pulses. Very good with ham or gammon, hot or cold. Seems to have some natural preservative - can be reheated repeatedly, and keeps very well.

Pease-pudding hot, pease-pudding cold;
Pease-pudding in the pot, nine days old.
Some like it hot, some like it cold;
Some like it in the pot nine days old.

Excellent - both of them.

Turn the computer off please.

Then hang yourself.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Now that we have seen the soft Southern nancy boys and skirt wearing wife beaters vanish down the road in a cloud of dust and small pebbles we may move on to more weighty matters.

Fat Sam or Sven to replace Roeder?

And how the hell do we get the silly sods who design pubs to realise that 'Theme Bars' are cak?

Proper pubs in Toon, for the benefit of visitors. Apart from bars like the Three Bulls or the Bulls Head where you really should have a Gerodie accent to exit alive.

The Duke of Wellington in High Bridge.

The Monkey Bar ( real name - The Market Tavern down the bottom of Pilgrim Street).

Crown Posada on the Quayside

Terrys bar opposite the stage door at Theatre Royal. Cant remember what its called?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
TheIronDuke said:
Now that we have seen the soft Southern nancy boys and skirt wearing wife beaters vanish down the road in a cloud of dust and small pebbles we may move on to more weighty matters.

Fat Sam or Sven to replace Roeder?
I feel really sorry for Sam. Couple of years down the line and his reputation will join those of all the others who have served under the Hall/Shepherd regime. With the exception of Sir Bobby Robson, who was simply too old. And I hope he gets better.

But what do I care? It's six easy points for RK Sunderland next season.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well, whatever I may shout on the terraces, its good for the NE to have 3 teams in the Premiership. So I'll agree with you and hope you do manage to score six points before you do the dead cat drop in May 08. Again.

TheIronDuke said:
Well, whatever I may shout on the terraces, its good for the NE to have 3 teams in the Premiership. So I'll agree with you and hope you do manage to score six points before you do the dead cat drop in May 08. Again.
Only way the Skunks will get a derby season after next is if Hartlepool get promoted :lol:

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Commander_Vimes said:
Only way the Skunks will get a derby season after next is if Hartlepool get promoted :lol:
Just as well they're not up then. They'd hang you lot.

And thats just the womens team eh Duke?