Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all
    Been reading for a while. Finally got off my behind and decided to start getting fit again. Been looking at units in my area and 1 has took my interest, B sqn Royal Yeomanry in Leicester. Any1 know what they are like?

Also a question about credit history. Since buying my first house i have missed some payments on credit cards etc. I have no ccj's or anything and am up to date with payments now. Will these be a problem when applying?

Thanks in advance

2. A friend who recently tried to join told me they're over subscribed. There's been a push to get rid of the dead wood who haven't turned up in years, so you might be lucky, but bear in mind they might be full.

3. I've never heard of a TA unit being full since, in fact I've never heard of a TA unit being full!

Well done them.

4. lol you say that

but i bet when i go down to my local there be the same knowing my luck

5. B Sqn are a fine body of men and women. FR Tactics L/R based. Had a lot of guys mobilised within the FR Regts. Always looking for keen and able personnel. A variety of RAC trades available.

Go in and see them soonest.

6. join the rmp :)

7. Now why the hell would he want to do that?
    Anyway, TA Cav's pretty good, as long as you can put up with the purple trousers and some "Well Rounded" SNCO's.

8. thanks for your replys. Will take a trip down there i think.

Bringing up the question again, how does your credit rting affect your application. I know employers now check your credit before they offer you a position so im taking it the ta are the same? So if my credit is not upto scratch can my application be stopped?

9. I think if your heavily in debt and can't pay back blahty blah blah it can effect it but I wouldn't worry too much about that if in doubt ask your ta unit.

10. are you being serious?!?!?! a credit check to join the TA??? they just have the question box on the application form about outstanding loans or credit problems

11. Credit Check?!
    All they do is ask name, address, education, prior criminal/unspent convictions, any military background on yours and your family's part, credit details to pay you and i think thats it.
    As long as your not and ex member of a fanatical group you should be okay.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for all the reply's. Put me at ease. As i say, my partner recently applied for a new job and they asked her if it was okay to run a credit check, so was just checking to make sure. Would of been gutted if i was not able to join for that reason!

13. Thanks for all the reply's. Put me at ease. As i say, my partner recently applied for a new job and they asked her if it was okay to run a credit check, so was just checking to make sure. Would of been gutted if i was not able to join for that reason!