Newbie :)

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by wiccan_witch, Jul 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello. :wave:

Just wanted to drop in and say "Hi" as I'm new to this site - can't believe that after 10 years of marriage (at times it feels like to the army, not my bloke!! *grr*) I didn't know this place even existed!!

So, anyone got any advice about moving back to the UK after 10 years of being away from it? Apart from "It's dead expensive so you'll never get to go out again" or "Don't forget your tv licence"!! lol!! I'll be moving to Catterick from Paderborn with hubby, (when he decides he's had enough of Iraq and wants to help me move of course!! :/ ) and I can't wait to actually be able to go into English shops and have people understand me! None of that "Nein spechan English" for me anymore!! :dance: (Yes, I know my spelling of German there is pretty bad! Speaking it, I'm even worse!)

So, any advice or help would be appreciated, ta very much. :)

2. Ooops, *blushes* Ok, and thank you for the heads up. :)

3. Welcome to Arrse.... hope you find some help and advice here or at Rear Party ....... and don't take the abuse, insults, nasty words etc too seriously, they don't mean it honest !

4. Thank you gear, and no, I promise I won't things to heart - after being married to a squaddie for 10 years you get thick skinned! :D

5. Not to mention brown-upper-lipped, eh?

6. Cheers eSeL!! LMAO!! :giggle:

7. Pardon?

8. A sh1t 'tasche. Skiffed etc.

Are you a civvie per chance?

9. Good god man! A civilian? No, it understand the whole skiffed/brown top lip thing, why do we have to write in abbreviations or text speak is my point. Having red many a post on this site i am apalled at the standard of speling an' grammarr.

It is the Queen's English after all, catch my drift?

10. Ahhhh, apologies!

Text speak is an abomination of modern times along with twelve year old single (obviously!) mothers.

I will not risk a wah at your previous post.^

11. Hi WW, welcome to Arrse "The friendly forum" all you need to do now to complete your initiation, is stick a piccie in the gallery, just so that we can put a face to a name. :D

12. No no don't trust him!!!!! stay anon much better!!!! :wink:

13. Stop co ck blocking supergal, the Fez needs all the help he can get.

14. :D Oh don't worry hun, I've had a look at the gallery - no way I'm sticking my photo in there!! :wink: