Newbie in the house 8)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by liamk1990, Oct 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys i'm new and just wondering if anyone had a few answers for me, in the joining stage for the army and just wondered if i passed ADSC with a good grade how long would it actually be until i start phase 1 training (thats if everything goes smooth) ? did my BARB Friday and passed with a 76, havent got many GCSE's as school was a rough ride with knob head teachers thinking their the mutts nuts, but good enough for a decent career in the Army, Went for my medical with the doctor today and going to take it to the army office tomorrow. Thanks for responses in advance....
  2. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Good luck with your career.
  3. Couldnt say Liam, but, all the best anyway.
  4. I am not going to say anything. The last new chap I responded to went off in a huff.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Was it something you said?
  6. I would not mention your errudite views on the education system at your ADSC interview. People might think that you have a few problems with authority figures.
  7. I fear it could have been.
  8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

He was a sensitive soul, you should have realised that. It's the new touchy feely Army. :)
  9. Should all new members have to undergo a gruelling ordeal, a hellish rite of passage... excruciating exchange of posts with 'Cabana; ARRSE Arbiter'? :)
  10. Well he was a drop short and they are touchy feely more than most Corps
  11. Q: I am not going to say anything. The last new chap I responded to went off in a huff.

Cabana, you are a horrible bully.
  12. Bollocks, a little crippling emotional abuse never harmed anyone. Much.
  13. Liam, I don't want to be a source of alarm, but all of your full stops have migrated to the end of your post.
  14. Linguistic cleansing; they're all about to be bumped off.
  15. So the OP will be punctuationally challenged?