Newbie here and giving serious thought to joining......

Hi,
I'm giving serious thought to joining the army at the ripe old age of 30 (though I will be 31 in 6 weeks)!!

I've always regretted not joining the army when I was younger. When I was at school I always wanted to join but you know what it's like, you think you should get a normal job and then 10 years have gone by before you know it! All through my life whenever I see the army ads on the TV I think to myself, "I wish I joined when I had the chance".

I now find myself single, living by myself renting with no mortgage or family etc. (I have family as in Mam, Dad etc) which has left me feeling like I don't have a plan for the future.
I'm in full time employment though (I'm a coppa) and that was a career change afew years ago. If I'm honest, joining the Police was kind of a substitute for the army. I crave action, excitment and adventure.

My main worry is my age. How many people join at my age??
And my second worry is that it seems like a bit of a mad idea!!

Some sort of advice please!!??

Dave

dave77 said:
Hi,
I'm giving serious thought to joining the army at the ripe old age of 30 (though I will be 31 in 6 weeks)!!

I've always regretted not joining the army when I was younger. When I was at school I always wanted to join but you know what it's like, you think you should get a normal job and then 10 years have gone by before you know it! All through my life whenever I see the army ads on the TV I think to myself, "I wish I joined when I had the chance".

I now find myself single, living by myself renting with no mortgage or family etc. (I have family as in Mam, Dad etc) which has left me feeling like I don't have a plan for the future.
I'm in full time employment though (I'm a coppa) and that was a career change afew years ago. If I'm honest, joining the Police was kind of a substitute for the army. I crave action, excitment and adventure.

My main worry is my age. How many people join at my age??
And my second worry is that it seems like a bit of a mad idea!!

Some sort of advice please!!??

Dave
I left at age 27 having served 10, but due to the 'options for change' at that time I was unable to re-join at 30 (1990 ish ) I'm now too old and unfit as Fcuk :oops:
Your only problem could be you fitness level at that age? Otherwise your maturity and background should go a very long way in your favour. Go for it. ( 'if only' is such a sad pair of words )