Newbie here and giving serious thought to joining......

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by dave77, Oct 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I'm giving serious thought to joining the army at the ripe old age of 30 (though I will be 31 in 6 weeks)!!

I've always regretted not joining the army when I was younger. When I was at school I always wanted to join but you know what it's like, you think you should get a normal job and then 10 years have gone by before you know it! All through my life whenever I see the army ads on the TV I think to myself, "I wish I joined when I had the chance".

I now find myself single, living by myself renting with no mortgage or family etc. (I have family as in Mam, Dad etc) which has left me feeling like I don't have a plan for the future.
    I'm in full time employment though (I'm a coppa) and that was a career change afew years ago. If I'm honest, joining the Police was kind of a substitute for the army. I crave action, excitment and adventure.

My main worry is my age. How many people join at my age??
    And my second worry is that it seems like a bit of a mad idea!!

Some sort of advice please!!??

Dave

2. I left at age 27 having served 10, but due to the 'options for change' at that time I was unable to re-join at 30 (1990 ish ) I'm now too old and unfit as Fcuk :oops:
    Your only problem could be you fitness level at that age? Otherwise your maturity and background should go a very long way in your favour. Go for it. ( 'if only' is such a sad pair of words )