newbie help !!

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by skinnyjoe, Jun 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i may get slated for this but here goes .

im in my final stages of recruitment and i have just found out that the RA are fully manned ( my 1st and 2nd choices were in the RA) , chose the RA because although i wanted to be at the sharp end of the action i didn't Fancie being on the ground with the infantry every day.
    I am now looking at two jobs in the RE ( structural finisher or brickie) and armourer in the reme.

my question is in the job descriptions in the RE roles it says ' you may be required to fight as an infantry soldier when required' were in the reme roles there is no evidence of this , so am i right in thinking the RE's being combat engineers would 'see more action' than other roles ??

iv tried to ask someone on the online careers office and they just say 'you may find yourself in challenging conditions in whatever job you choose', i know this is the case but im talking in general.

Can anyone shed some light for me ????
  2. Engineers are found attached to Infantry callsigns throughout Afghanistan at the moment, and often find themselfs first in through the mouse holes they have made.

If its a trade and action you are after there is no better job anywhere in the Army.
  3. hurrah!!!!
  4. of the gods

Go for it
  5. Eh? What? Since when were dropshorts at the sharp end of the action??? They're not called 7 mile snipers for nothing fella! :wink:

Better off joining Gods Corps old bean.