New Zealand Purchase Replacement Trucks from RMMV

Discussion in 'Tanks, planes & ships' started by UORMan, May 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 2
  1. Will the economy of scale that is being applied to the NZDF, also make our purchase cheaper? Doubt it......
  2. I see they also bought MAN tractor units. Something we should of looked into more but then we have too many Oshkosh tractor units doing nothing.
  3. Why would they? MOD got a price and purchased what they wanted. What advantage would the company then have to say oh actually we can do them slightly cheaper now.
  4. I took the Uruguayan DA round Leyland DAF in the early 90s - they offered fast delivery by taking trucks off the UK order, then in production, and simply extending delivery time to the Brits - perhaps MAN have done the same for the New Zealanders?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I doubt MAN did that. In fact I think the last SV's were delivered before the order of NZ was finalized. I know the firm that produced the SV UST variant finished their delivery back in 2010. I'm sure UORman will confirm though.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  6. have EPLS's finally been purchased or they still "on loan"
  7. They were not on loan as you put it. They were "surplus" 15t cargo variants for us pulled off the production line and hook arm equipment bolted on. We own them whatever variant they ending up being. HDLC was going to replace DROPS or whatever the program ended up being called but from a PowerPoint presentation I saw the other day, I think we will just ending up buying EPLS SV. After all EPLS has proved itself in both it's capability and armour protection in HERRICK, why try and re-invent the wheel?!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)