New Zealand bars former British Soldiers fat wife

A former British Soldier who moved to New Zealand has been told by officials that his wife is too fat to join him.

Richie Trezise, 35, a rugby-playing Welshman, lost weight to gain entry to New Zealand after being rejected for being overweight and a potential burden on the health care system.

His wife, Rowan, is now on a strict diet. However, she has been battling for months to shed the pounds so they can be reunited and live Down Under.
In full

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/17/wfat117.xml

And why the feck should NZ tax payers be expected to pay for someones bad lifestyle choices? And she's Welsh which is far more worrying.
PS

If she don't like it she can always move back to Wales - tough siht! I'm a fat cnut myself - if you don't like it - lose weight! Whining kunt!!!
It's wrote in black and white - so what if you're a astronaut, a dolphin trainer or a fookin bell tuner - read what it says on the tin. Does she have ginger hair too?
CC_TA

They have their own fatties, why import ours??? Christ, have you seen the size of some of those Maori women, they make Jonah Lomu look anorexic FFS.

I particularly like the fact that when his wife was refused entry, he went anyway!

Good skills.

Does the UK have a similar policy? Or would that breach the Human Right of somebody to be composed of 75% Lard?

Then again the hubby might have paid off the immigration inspector to keep her out. It could be money well spent.

Good drills,that. She should also be required to lose that cacaphonous speech impediment commonly know as a "lilt" .

'Tackles' McCaw-BMI of 30.3 (he's obese then!)
Jerry Collins-BMI of 30.0 (also supposedly obese)
Dan Carter-BMI 27.9 (Supposedly overweight)

Brian Habana-BMI of 28 (Supposedly overweight and the fastest sprinter in Int Rugby).

BMI is a flawed system that doesn't take into account muscle mass.

the_matelot said:
'Tackles' McCaw-BMI of 30.3 (he's obese then!)
Jerry Collins-BMI of 30.0 (also supposedly obese)
Dan Carter-BMI 27.9 (Supposedly overweight)

Brian Habana-BMI of 28 (Supposedly overweight and the fastest sprinter in Int Rugby).

BMI is a flawed system that doesn't take into account muscle mass.
Sorry, but she looks more like Miss Piggy than a rugby player.

Funny how she is referred to as 'fat', as if it's subjective whether she is or not. No really, she is fat.

Tartan_Terrier said:
Sorry, but she looks more like Miss Piggy than a rugby player.
I'm not disputing that at all. I was just highlighting the fact that the BMI System is flawed.

armchair_jihad said:
A former British Soldier who moved to New Zealand has been told by officials that his wife is too fat to join him.

Richie Trezise, 35, a rugby-playing Welshman, lost weight to gain entry to New Zealand after being rejected for being overweight and a potential burden on the health care system.

His wife, Rowan, is now on a strict diet. However, she has been battling for months to shed the pounds so they can be reunited and live Down Under.
In full

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/17/wfat117.xml
Well done. NZ has a population of 4 million and practicality demands that it does some form of risk assessment on new migrants.

Well done the Kiwi's pity our own Government hasn't got the balls to do what the people want with regards to immigration

armchair_jihad said:

A Welshman on his own with all those sheep, its sounds like a kid being given the key to a sweetshop. I bet he paid the immigration staff to keep his wife in the UK, Im sure he will be racing home :roll: