Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

New Zealand awesomeness or shittiness

Time to ditch the bitch !!
maga.jpg

Good Bye New Zealand ?

The Maori Party has got its facts wrong. Holland did not change its name to The Netherlands; Holland is a region, as is Zeeland, of the Netherlands

Meanwhile Maori science trumps, apparently:

In essence gene editing is affecting ancestors or something.

Goes to show the state of uNZud 'cuisine'.

'Two people have been arrested after allegedly trying to cross the border into Auckland with $100,000 in cash and a “boot full” of KFC.

'A police spokesperson said the two gang associates were caught trying to enter Auckland’s southern boundary on Sunday.

'Officers noticed a suspicious-looking car travelling on a gravel road and upon seeing the police car, the driver did a U-turn and sped off.'

Morning All,
From today's local 'comic'.
Good idea or nanny state?View attachment 621653
I think that New Labour missed a trick. They could have banned the sale of cigarettes to anyone born in the new millennium, and introduced the ban before 1st January 2000. That way no-one alive is impacted by it and smoking would just die out naturally.

When I was a kid in the 80s at least a third of my class were smokers at the age of 14. So New Zealand setting a ban on current 14 year olds never being allowed to buy tobacco at any time in their lives is going to cause problems for people who are already addicted.

Just for context I've never smoked and am passionately anti smoking (dad was a heavy smoker - heart attack at 37, heart transplant at 52 and dead at 61, the longest surviving of three brothers, all heavy smokers). I think that in its current format it is a bloody silly idea.