New Zealand awesomeness or shittiness

And they don't have a pensions treaty with the UK so pensions are frozen in terms of uplift at the point you leave the UK.

I started to look into this with a view to trying to spend more time there after retiring from work (not reached state pension age yet) but then you-know-what happened and I couldn't be bothered to look any further and won't until NZ joins the grown-ups about this.

And on the subject of you-know-what, the amount of people that are anti-vax in my in-laws etc, is mind blowing to me. I won't even talk to them about it any longer as their smugness about "zero-covid" was, to put it politely, straining relationships. To be fair to them (in-laws, and I don't feel like it) they have just clicked that they are in a prison. But, quite a nice one, although I did take a great delight in the recent outbreak in Oz causing a little holiday upset for them. If it makes me a bad person then so be it.

I started to look into this with a view to trying to spend more time there after retiring from work (not reached state pension age yet) but then you-know-what happened and I couldn't be bothered to look any further and won't until NZ joins the grown-ups about this.

And on the subject of you-know-what, the amount of people that are anti-vax in my in-laws etc, is mind blowing to me. I won't even talk to them about it any longer as their smugness about "zero-covid" was, to put it politely, straining relationships. To be fair to them (in-laws, and I don't feel like it) they have just clicked that they are in a prison. But, quite a nice one, although I did take a great delight in the recent outbreak in Oz causing a little holiday upset for them. If it makes me a bad person then so be it.
Having returned from NZ to UK two years ago, I can say:
That they do have a pension equality scheme running.
Your UK OAP can be transferred into the NZ system, which then follows the usual escalation according to inflation.
Private pensions can also be transferred.

And when I came back to the UK, I transferred my NZ state pension back into the UK system, and am on full whack.
As an aside, NZ private pensions are simply cash or investments. In NZ you pay tax before you move any salary into a pension scheme, so it's been taxed once, and can't be taxed again, except tax on interest gained. You do with them what you want, save it or spend it, up to you.

Time to ditch the bitch !!
maga.jpg

Good Bye New Zealand ?

The Maori Party has got its facts wrong. Holland did not change its name to The Netherlands; Holland is a region, as is Zeeland, of the Netherlands

Meanwhile Maori science trumps, apparently:

In essence gene editing is affecting ancestors or something.

Goes to show the state of uNZud 'cuisine'.

'Two people have been arrested after allegedly trying to cross the border into Auckland with $100,000 in cash and a “boot full” of KFC.

'A police spokesperson said the two gang associates were caught trying to enter Auckland’s southern boundary on Sunday.

'Officers noticed a suspicious-looking car travelling on a gravel road and upon seeing the police car, the driver did a U-turn and sped off.'

Latest Threads