New Zealand awesomeness or shittiness

'Indigenous rights' which calls for separate legal, educational, financial and political systems for the Maori people (c 19% of population).

How long before this takes off here for minority groups in the population?
I have a problem describing Maori as indigenous, NZ was settled hundreds if not thousands of years before Polynesian settlement. What is currently happening is the wokerati and liberal lefties advocating apartheid or separatism by stealth, where I live in Northland supposedly 50% of the population call themselves Maori however the last full blood Maori died around 1900. Many people who identify as Maori do not want a republic as the Tiriti will have to be binned or renegotiated should that happen, unfortunately by that time many urban and some rural Maori will have eaten, smoked or drugged themselves into an early grave.

Maori are not the indigenous people of New Zealand.
Racial Purity left 200 years ago.

gafkiwi

War Hero
I have a problem describing Maori as indigenous, NZ was settled hundreds if not thousands of years before Polynesian settlement. What is currently happening is the wokerati and liberal lefties advocating apartheid or separatism by stealth, where I live in Northland supposedly 50% of the population call themselves Maori however the last full blood Maori died around 1900. Many people who identify as Maori do not want a republic as the Tiriti will have to be binned or renegotiated should that happen, unfortunately by that time many urban and some rural Maori will have eaten, smoked or drugged themselves into an early grave.

Maori are not the indigenous people of New Zealand.
Racial Purity left 200 years ago
And its pretty funny when it comes to land or money its funny how the tribes turn on each other or themselves but blame everyone else for it. And now money is on the line they are arguing about what is enough Maori blood lead to some born again 'Warriors' Haka'ing for their piece of the pie.
The wife is part Maori though blond haired and blue eyed. She has a degree in Maori studies and speaks fluently as well is able to identify the different tribal and Pacific dialects. I give her grief that with all that its still not enough to get us land or get away with blaming colonialism for any of our woe's

'Indigenous rights' which calls for separate legal, educational, financial and political systems for the Maori people (c 19% of population).

How long before this takes off here for minority groups in the population?
We already have Islamic schools, Sharia law, and Sharia banking. Only a matter of time before there is further separation.

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
One of my wife's south african relatives visited New Zealand. Her verdict. Nice but I couldn't live anywhere that people stop at a red robot.

UN Declaration on the of Rights of Indigenous Peoples

So us Anglo-Saxons, Celts and assorted honkey gammons are now protected?

It is a bit light on detail.
In what direction is there apartheid?
I certainly have my own views on the matter, from what I see happening.
A bit light on detail is an understatement. First time I've heard New Zealand being described as an aparthied society.

United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples | United Nations For Indigenous Peoples

The United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) was adopted by the General Assembly on Thursday, 13 September 2007, by a majority of 144 states in favour, 4 votes against (Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States) and 11 abstentions (Azerbaijan...
www.un.org
Boned again.
Plains Indian and Bison.jpg

During my time in Oz, I went to NZ around six times. Not once did I witness racism/apartheid! Yes there was the occasional flare up in a pub, but that was normally a teenage Pakia thinking he’s harder than the local Maori rugby prop!
Incidentally NZ has some of the best biking roads in the world, Carl Fogerty did a tour with his wife. Both on bikes, well worth a watch if you can find it on YouTube.