New Zealand awesomeness or shittiness

An 'advantage' to a Kiwi accent? No, we were playing cards: I didn't ask her for sex, I asked her for six, but she said she was ok with it.

'A tattoo artist and twice convicted rapist who unexpectedly confessed to the murders of seven people in three US states, claims he is from New Zealand and speaks with a Kiwi accent, police say.'

Heavily-tattooed suspected serial killer claims first victim at 12

Hmmm, buggah!

'The NZ government chose this picture to grace the cover of its new “wellbeing budget” — but there’s a big problem behind the sweet snap.

'She’s the smiling face of New Zealand’s groundbreaking new Budget — but model Vicky Freeman has revealed she’s now moved to Australia because she can’t afford to live at home. The single mum posed for the stock photo with her nine-year-old daughter Ruby-Jean, and was shocked when it was chosen by the New Zealand government to grace the cover of its newly-released “wellbeing budget”. But in an ironic twist, it turns out the mum and daughter duo don’t even live in New Zealand anymore, after moving to Australia in December 2018 because they couldn’t afford their home country’s high cost of living.'

Sad reason New Zealand model moved to Australia

"Fleas the size of rats sucked on rats the size of cats
And ten thousand peoploids split into small tribes
Coveting the highest of the sterile skyscrapers
Like packs of dogs assaulting the glass fronts of Love-Me Avenue"

'Huge rats brazenly scurrying about in a West Auckland village centre in broad daylight are concerning the local community. Residents and business owners have noticed an infestation of cat-sized rats in the village centre in recent months — and many believe the town’s iconic chickens are to blame.'

Locals say the rats are moving around the town in gangs

"Fleas the size of rats sucked on rats the size of cats
And ten thousand peoploids split into small tribes
Coveting the highest of the sterile skyscrapers
Like packs of dogs assaulting the glass fronts of Love-Me Avenue"

'Huge rats brazenly scurrying about in a West Auckland village centre in broad daylight are concerning the local community. Residents and business owners have noticed an infestation of cat-sized rats in the village centre in recent months — and many believe the town’s iconic chickens are to blame.'

Locals say the rats are moving around the town in gangs
I had to do a double take there. I grew up in West Auckland (the English one - Auckland in NZ is named after one of our local lords) and although I know that it I bit of a shithole I didn't know that things had got so bad...

Hmmm, buggah!

'The NZ government chose this picture to grace the cover of its new “wellbeing budget” — but there’s a big problem behind the sweet snap.

'She’s the smiling face of New Zealand’s groundbreaking new Budget — but model Vicky Freeman has revealed she’s now moved to Australia because she can’t afford to live at home. The single mum posed for the stock photo with her nine-year-old daughter Ruby-Jean, and was shocked when it was chosen by the New Zealand government to grace the cover of its newly-released “wellbeing budget”. But in an ironic twist, it turns out the mum and daughter duo don’t even live in New Zealand anymore, after moving to Australia in December 2018 because they couldn’t afford their home country’s high cost of living.'

Sad reason New Zealand model moved to Australia
You know it's bad when you move to Australia because the cost of living is better.

Shows how busy the average NZ Plod must be.

'The “rudest cafe in New Zealand” has hit fresh controversy, with police confirming they received several complaints and visited to offer owners Karyn and Donald Cullingford “customer service advice”.'

‘Rudest Cafe’ owner sprung by police

It is not perfect but I can think of a hell of a lot of worse places on this planet.
I've been there twice, first time 30 years ago. It was like Britain in the early 1960s then. Back in 2001, much the same. Nice place, though, and there are far worse places to spend one's hard-earned.

Shows how busy the average NZ Plod must be.

'The “rudest cafe in New Zealand” has hit fresh controversy, with police confirming they received several complaints and visited to offer owners Karyn and Donald Cullingford “customer service advice”.'

‘Rudest Cafe’ owner sprung by police
It's that bad, it is labelled the "Worst restaurant in Sydney" according to that picture

Last edited:

Latest Threads