New Zealand awesomeness or shittiness

His videos are funny at first but after a while they blur and sound all the same. Some entertaining click bait on NZ towns is the "Shit towns NZ" page on Facebook
I personally think he is a funny person - whether it's an act or not.

Generally, all Kiwis I personally known have turned out be quite funny with a great sense of humor.

OK, I need to officially get off this whole NZ thing, spending way too much time getting drawn into videos from the place. Funny as hell though!

I'm back in NZ after 15 years living and working around the UK.

Back living in Dunedin, sent most of my UK time in Wigan, A few observations after being back for 2 weeks.......

The countryside is looking burnt, its all gone brown and stinks of cow shit, why the **** are there so many dairy herds here now??? Its unsustainable.
all the shit is running off into the streams and rivers, its causing algae bloom, they call it Rock Snot, and its fucked the fishing on slow moving waters and lake sides, every time you pull in your rig its full of green rock snot.
mates of mine who live in CHCH have sold off all their fishing kit as its too far and too much of a pain traveling lots to find weed free fishing.

**** me the drinking is expensive here. I have been spoiled living oop north as I can drink to quality cask all day for 250p -320p a pint, cheapest pub pint here is 10 bucks NZ (5 quid), and its shite tap ale compared to UK standards. Guinness is 11-12 bucks a pint and tastes thin in every place iv tried it. found myself some hoppy craft ales in bottles thats ok, but its 16 bucks upwards for a 1/2 doz small botts,
drinking out a bottle for decent ale costs 11-18 bucks.............

Most of the women have fat arses.

Everything is twice the cost here, general shopping bill is twice as much, all prepared stuff like ready meals etc are way way expensive, veggies and fruit are cheaper, but its also harvest season atm,
people in NZ are healthier and eat a better quality diet than the UK, you pay slightly more for this, the difference here is eating healthy is the cheaper option than buying the convenience shit. theres a lesson here for the UK.
there is something seriously wrong with the Urbanites of the UK, they are ******* deluded where their food comes from and how it is processed. the worst ones are the vegans, and the worst of the worst are ******* who eat Soy.

All white goods and appliances are expensive, theres a huge secondhand market here for used stuff, as it should be! the people of the UK are pigs for throwing away perfectly good stuff for no more reason than a kitchen upgrade,
the UK is a huge hi-vol waste society, its wrong and needs to change.

rents are expensive, but you get a lot better quality of house with more space than you can in UK, The NZ housing market has gone stupid, way over priced, more even than the UK, 20% deposits now, this is the Gov trying to slow down the housing market.

Cars are cheap and cheerful and on average 12 years older than what you see in the UK, no salt on the roads, no rust! gas is about $2:10 - £2:40 a litre........... I'm getting myself another V8.

you can breathe the air in NZ, it stinks a bit of cow shit, but after a week without all the city fumes my lungs felt a lot better, my run timings are noticeably up and Im feeling a lot healthier inside and out.
I cannot believe how long it has been, and how much I have missed swimming in the sea.

the quality of life in NZ is better than the UK, its just that you pay more for the basics here.

and heres the big one....... the real difference that has changed between the UK and NZ.... the strength of the pound.

20 years ago the exchange rate was $2.5-£1 min, sometimes u to $3-£1, wages in NZ were shit in comparison to Europe and saving up to get out was a lot of effort, earning quids in the UK and taking the dosh to NZ used to easy double my wage, the UK was without doubt the best nation to work in to buy travel, my UK wage was worth 2-3 times more than the NZ one at the time for the same job. No More.
Now NZ min wage of 16 bucks an hr is slightly better than min wage in the UK. and a tradesman's wage and job security is a lot better than the UK.
You get over 24 bucks an hr in NZ and you can have a cool laid back lifestyle you would need 50-60 k UK a year to be as comfortable.
I am no longer better off working in the UK than any-other nation that I have citizenship or permanent residency in, and thats 6 nations I have access too, the fall in the quid has smashed that all away.
I am now better off in the colonies than back in the home country. and all this has happened in the last 10 years.......

Cheers all you Brexiteers.........

I'm back in NZ after 15 years living and working around the UK.

Back living in Dunedin, sent most of my UK time in Wigan, A few observations after being back for 2 weeks.......

The countryside is looking burnt, its all gone brown and stinks of cow shit, why the **** are there so many dairy herds here now??? Its unsustainable.
all the shit is running off into the streams and rivers, its causing algae bloom, they call it Rock Snot, and its fucked the fishing on slow moving waters and lake sides, every time you pull in your rig its full of green rock snot.
mates of mine who live in CHCH have sold off all their fishing kit as its too far and too much of a pain traveling lots to find weed free fishing.

**** me the drinking is expensive here. I have been spoiled living oop north as I can drink to quality cask all day for 250p -320p a pint, cheapest pub pint here is 10 bucks NZ (5 quid), and its shite tap ale compared to UK standards. Guinness is 11-12 bucks a pint and tastes thin in every place iv tried it. found myself some hoppy craft ales in bottles thats ok, but its 16 bucks upwards for a 1/2 doz small botts,
drinking out a bottle for decent ale costs 11-18 bucks.............

Most of the women have fat arses.

Everything is twice the cost here, general shopping bill is twice as much, all prepared stuff like ready meals etc are way way expensive, veggies and fruit are cheaper, but its also harvest season atm,
people in NZ are healthier and eat a better quality diet than the UK, you pay slightly more for this, the difference here is eating healthy is the cheaper option than buying the convenience shit. theres a lesson here for the UK.
there is something seriously wrong with the Urbanites of the UK, they are ******* deluded where their food comes from and how it is processed. the worst ones are the vegans, and the worst of the worst are ******* who eat Soy.

All white goods and appliances are expensive, theres a huge secondhand market here for used stuff, as it should be! the people of the UK are pigs for throwing away perfectly good stuff for no more reason than a kitchen upgrade,
the UK is a huge hi-vol waste society, its wrong and needs to change.

rents are expensive, but you get a lot better quality of house with more space than you can in UK, The NZ housing market has gone stupid, way over priced, more even than the UK, 20% deposits now, this is the Gov trying to slow down the housing market.

Cars are cheap and cheerful and on average 12 years older than what you see in the UK, no salt on the roads, no rust! gas is about $2:10 - £2:40 a litre........... I'm getting myself another V8.

you can breathe the air in NZ, it stinks a bit of cow shit, but after a week without all the city fumes my lungs felt a lot better, my run timings are noticeably up and Im feeling a lot healthier inside and out.
I cannot believe how long it has been, and how much I have missed swimming in the sea.

the quality of life in NZ is better than the UK, its just that you pay more for the basics here.

and heres the big one....... the real difference that has changed between the UK and NZ.... the strength of the pound.

20 years ago the exchange rate was $2.5-£1 min, sometimes u to $3-£1, wages in NZ were shit in comparison to Europe and saving up to get out was a lot of effort, earning quids in the UK and taking the dosh to NZ used to easy double my wage, the UK was without doubt the best nation to work in to buy travel, my UK wage was worth 2-3 times more than the NZ one at the time for the same job. No More.
Now NZ min wage of 16 bucks an hr is slightly better than min wage in the UK. and a tradesman's wage and job security is a lot better than the UK.
You get over 24 bucks an hr in NZ and you can have a cool laid back lifestyle you would need 50-60 k UK a year to be as comfortable.
I am no longer better off working in the UK than any-other nation that I have citizenship or permanent residency in, and thats 6 nations I have access too, the fall in the quid has smashed that all away.
I am now better off in the colonies than back in the home country. and all this has happened in the last 10 years.......

Cheers all you Brexiteers.........
One thing NZ is shit in though (maybe getting better now), compared to the UK, is the housing insulation.

One thing NZ is shit in though (maybe getting better now), compared to the UK, is the housing insulation.
I worked with a guy from the Norwegian forces. He couldn't get over the fact double glazing is a new requirement in NZ building when triple glazing is the minimum requirement back in Norway.
Few places here would get the full months long "European Winter Experience" but the building standards up until the last few years were pretty crap for our conditions. If I ever decided to sell up and move, I would rather go with a new build rather than buy anything more than say 5-7yrs old that may not be built for the climate and conditions not to mention avoiding the leaky buiildings of the late 90's -early 2000's.

I would rather go with a new build rather than buy anything more than say 5-7yrs old that may not be built for the climate and conditions not to mention avoiding the leaky buiildings of the late 90's -early 2000's.
I wouldn't touch anything built in NZ between 1980 and 2010, they have all been knocked up on the cheap,

personally I would love a old classic early 20th cent villa, they are the best option down south island, built strong from native timbers. they are a bit of upkeep though with the maintenance. and trying to find one at a decent price is impossible.........

I wouldn't touch anything built in NZ between 1980 and 2010, they have all been knocked up on the cheap,

personally I would love a old classic early 20th cent villa, they are the best option down south island, built strong from native timbers. they are a bit of upkeep though with the maintenance. and trying to find one at a decent price is impossible.........
We our current place we had built in 2004. It was by a local firm and I was very satisfied with quality etc. Having a brother who is a builder was handy to cross check things with throughout was a bonus though.
Talking to my brother and mates in the industry, Houses from the "Leaky Building saga" are pretty easy to track and locate. If anything the build periods to be watching out for is 2011 through to now. With the Christchurch earthquakes and the building booms in the main centers, their are so many cowboy building firms about. They tend to have few qualified tradesmen/builders and more unskilled laborers on a site. Penny pinching developers and firms employing project managers with little building experience don't help it either. Councils have to meet govt mandated development outputs and some will sign off on any builds to stay a head, the rock show in the Bay of Plenty being an example.

Yeah, right.

'An Islamic State fighter from New Zealand nicknamed the “bumbling jihadist” says he has surrendered to Kurdish forces in Syria after the collapse of the caliphate left him in a “pickle”. Speaking to the ABC from a prison in northern Syria, Mark Taylor - who also goes by the name Mohammad Daniel and Abu Abdul Rahman - said he had fled the terror group in December last year, when the situation for the remaining holdouts become intolerable. “There was no food, no money, basic services were pretty much collapsed. I was in a pickle myself and had to make a final decision, which was to leave,” he said.

'The 34-year-old former New Zealand Defence Force soldier travelled to Syria to join Islamic State (IS) in June 2014, but insists he only worked as a border guard and an English teacher, and did not take part in any attacks. “There's a difference between fighting and guarding. Guarding you don't need to plan anything; attacking you need to make preparations,” he told the ABC.

'Elsewhere, in the interview, Taylor describes witnessing public executions in Raqqa and complains about the high cost of purchasing a captured Yazidi woman as a sex slave.'

‘Bumbling’ New Zealand jihadi captured in Syria

Last edited:
Yeah, right.

'An Islamic State fighter from New Zealand nicknamed the “bumbling jihadist” says he has surrendered to Kurdish forces in Syria after the collapse of the caliphate left him in a “pickle”. Speaking to the ABC from a prison in northern Syria, Mark Taylor - who also goes by the name Mohammad Daniel and Abu Abdul Rahman - said he had fled the terror group in December last year, when the situation for the remaining holdouts become intolerable. “There was no food, no money, basic services were pretty much collapsed. I was in a pickle myself and had to make a final decision, which was to leave,” he said.

'The 34-year-old former New Zealand Defence Force soldier travelled to Syria to join Islamic State (IS) in June 2014, but insists he only worked as a border guard and an English teacher, and did not take part in any attacks. “There's a difference between fighting and guarding. Guarding you don't need to plan anything; attacking you need to make preparations,” he told the ABC.

'Elsewhere, in the interview, Taylor describes witnessing public executions in Raqqa and complains about the high cost of purchasing a captured Yazidi woman as a sex slave.'

‘Bumbling’ New Zealand jihadi captured in Syria
The IS probably would have some fun times understanding "accint." Choice.

The IS probably would have some fun times understanding "accint." Choice.
If anyone should know about being 'betraying' and 'stabbed in the back', he's the boy. Not working out so well now, eh tiger?:clap::clap::clap:

'Mark Taylor, the New Zealander who joined ISIS in Syria five years ago, now languishes inside a crowded Kurdish prison in northern Syria. Taylor then described feeling let down by New Zealand after hearing that the country whose passport he once destroyed would not be assisting his return. “I asked the government to help me. But then eventually, they just stabbed me in the back.”

'His softly spoken manner was a far cry from his once bombastic online persona. In June 2014, he posted an image showing the charred remains of his black passport, the silver fern still visible on the cover, with the caption that his trip to Syria was a “one-way trip, no going back”. But now, the 42-year-old wants a return ticket. “I was hoping at least a government agency would at least pick me up and take me home. I was expecting that,” he said.

'He described the murder of American journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff – which occurred in the months before Taylor joined ISIS in October 2014 – as “not really my problem”. Both men were kidnapped while covering the war in Syria and were beheaded by ISIS militants in 2014, as the group was asserting its power through a string of brutal killings. “I didn’t have concern about these situations,” Taylor said.

'After witnessing public executions and crucifixions in Syria, Taylor seemed most concerned that he might have also ended up a victim. “I was kind of devastated, that this could have happened to me too,” he said.

'Turning to the group’s murder and enslavement of thousands of Yazidis, Taylor became evasive. “They [ISIS] were kinda harsh,” he reflects. But “I wasn’t involved directly in that.” Taylor, however, continues to defend the concept of slavery. Many missing Yazidi have never been found. Slavery though, is “not much of a problem really,” according to Taylor. “As long as you treat the slave as equal according to the Shariah law, you don’t treat them as subhuman.” '

New Zealand ISIS runaway Mark Taylor: I feel betrayed by the group I joined and the country I left behind

Is there actually a competition called The Rural Batchelor of the Year? F'in hell, I've sunk to new lows watching this stuff close to midnight...