New Zealand awesomeness or shittiness

Must have been the Steinie!

'It was a normal Monday morning in February 1989 when Alec Newald set off on a three-hour drive to Auckland from Rotorua in New Zealand’s volcanic heart. However, what the 70-year-old Kiwi claims to have experienced on that journey changed his perception of the universe forever. Mr Newald says he was taken by extraterrestrials to an advanced civilisation and stayed there for 10 days. After passing through a winding, foggy mountain route, he arrived in Auckland feeling tired and confused. However, he was even more confused to learn that Monday was now Thursday — 10 days later — and he had no idea how he had lost those days.'

Man’s 10 days with aliens: ‘I was like what the hell is going on here?’

3 November 2018 Skype Presentation by Alec Newald (New Zealand)

its mushroom season.

Read the thread with interest. I have quite a large extended family in NZ, mainly around Wellington and Christchurch. They own a large estate agency, and seemingly about a million horses and deer. I have been offered a job more than once, but I don't fancy selling houses.

My cousin's house was flattened, and he quite seriously injured in the Feb 2011 earthquake, another aspect that kinda puts me off.

The upside would be that I could sell my house, and trouser around 300 grand: the family have a number of properties, one of which would come with the job.

Still don't fancy it, though, beautiful though the place is.

Read the thread with interest. I have quite a large extended family in NZ, mainly around Wellington and Christchurch. They own a large estate agency, and seemingly about a million horses and deer. I have been offered a job more than once, but I don't fancy selling houses.

My cousin's house was flattened, and he quite seriously injured in the Feb 2011 earthquake, another aspect that kinda puts me off.

The upside would be that I could sell my house, and trouser around 300 grand: the family have a number of properties, one of which would come with the job.

Still don't fancy it, though, beautiful though the place is.
How old are you?
We visited NZ 4 years ago for my 60th birthday (my missus is 4 years younger). We both loved it and agreed if we had made the journey 20 years earlier and had our way, we would probably be living there now.

And all the better for it.
Really? My Kiwi friends (the ones I know anyways), are happy AF having escaped their little part of the world. They love it to bits and the nature and stuff but every single one of them said it's a bit too suffocating and insular with not much to do. That's why half the country seems to be in OZ and elsewhere, including the UK. That said, many would like to go back there in the longer term in the later part of their lives...

Really? My Kiwi friends (the ones I know anyways), are happy AF having escaped their little part of the world. They love it to bits and the nature and stuff but every single one of them said it's a bit too suffocating and insular with not much to do. That's why half the country seems to be in OZ and elsewhere, including the UK. That said, many would like to go back there in the longer term in the later part of their lives...
You would know a minuscule amount of the population.

Hence, my qualifier, "the ones I know anyways." These are of younger types too...all between 25 and 40.
And as I said, an extremely small number to base a radical opinion on a country.
The number of people from NZ that you are likely to know would not as much as create a blip on any statistics.

And as I said, an extremely small number to base a radical opinion on a country.
The number of people from NZ that you are likely to know would not as much as create a blip on any statistics.
I don't believe I said that...nor do I have one, since I have never been to the place - only heard good things. I was only stating first hand what my friends said.

It's like going from the UK to a UK from 50s with less people....or so I have been told.
There is an opinion, or so you have been told.

Another view from your vast array of NZ friends.

There is an opinion, or so you have been told.

Another view from your vast array of NZ friends.
Those are not my opinions. If I really have to give an opinion(s) from my own personal indirect observations, it seems like NZ is a wonderland full of adventure sports, outdoors, Maoris, good humored, easy going, laid back, can do attitudes, sheep, backpacking, etc. Now, these are my general impressions of the place from what's out in the media, net.

Those are not my opinions. If I really have to give an opinion(s) from my own personal indirect observations, it seems like NZ is a wonderland full of adventure sports, outdoors, Maoris, good humored, easy going, laid back, can do attitudes, sheep, backpacking, etc. Now, these are my general impressions of the place from what's out in the media, net.
Yes, that is all well and good, but you set yourself up as the guru of all things NZ when by your own admission that you have never visited the place.
That is all.

These "children" sitting this particular exam are at the minimum 17/18 years old and I do agree and am somewhat shocked to be fair, that someone of that age does not know the definition of trivial.
Although I will also state that you appear to be obsessed with and an SME on NZ, a country by your own admission have never visited.