New Zealand awesomeness or shittiness

Kia ora f-ers!

Thought I would start a thread about how awesome life in land of the long white cloud is and how cool Kiwis are. Or otherwise.

I will start off with a crappy story, so that the good stuff can pour in later.

Kiwis want to search your digital devices. If they want to.
You have to give consent else face a NZ$5000 fine and your device will be confiscated for further investigation.
Travellers refusing digital search now face $5000 Customs fine

I certainly haven't made the journey across the ditch into Aotearoa, but aim to rectify this matter in the near term. London is full of Kiwis though!

endure

GCM
New Zealand is a fabulous place. I speak as someone who spent 2 hours in Port Chalmers 38 years ago...

Kiwis are generally okay, they at least stand their rounds. Trouble is it, NZ, is at the arse end of the world and if the Earth needed an enema that is where the plug is inserted. It's a bit like Burnley without the charm, character and good manners. :cool:

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My missus’s best mate married a kiwi bloke of Maori decent. One of the dullest cnuts I’ve ever met. Spends 90% of the time stoned and his only subject of interest is cricket. No idea why she paired up with him, she’s reasonably tidy, middle class and has a degree from a good uni.

He convinced her they’d have a better life in NZ so off they went with their 2 sprogs.

Ever seen that film Once Were Warriors?

Well that’s basically how her life turned out.

“Cook the man some fuckin eggs!”

The couple of Kiwi girls I dated were a bit...how to put it..."lacking in emotions." They were nice and great in the bed, willing to do all kinds of naughty stuff but compared to the girls I usually dated, they were a bit stoic. They were good at packing up stuff though! My ex helped me move my ass when I was moving apartments. All that backpacking and nomadic culture comes into play I guess.

Aotearoa; land of the wrong white crowd.

Kiwis want to search your digital devices. If they want to.
You have to give consent else face a NZ$5000 fine and your device will be confiscated for further investigation.
Travellers refusing digital search now face $5000 Customs fine
!
The US has been doing that for a while now, not so much a fine, but they refuse entry or ban you outright if you decline to comply with their wishes. So far I have yet to be asked, but I leave my iPad at home just in case....

The US has been doing that for a while now, not so much a fine, but they refuse entry or ban you outright if you decline to comply with their wishes. So far I have yet to be asked, but I leave my iPad at home just in case....
Some of my friends have been leaving all their personal laptops/ phones etc at home and travel with just a basic "travel" phone when they leave the U.S. Their work stuff is on internal corporate networks, so don't really have anything on their work laptops either.

NZ: A country where you quickly start running out of Tinder prospects. According to my exes and other Kiwi girls I know.

My brother said” new Zealand is ok, but not for a whole weekend”
He sailed from oz planning to stop a couple of months and was back on the boat 3 days later. Dull as f* ck.

Well, that's NZ off my list of places to visit then. I hadn't realised Big Brother had such a hold there, or maybe in this case it's Saruman and his lot.

'Outraged travellers have vowed to avoid New Zealand after it became the first country to fine passengers who refuse to hand over their phone passwords at the border. New Zealand’s Customs and Excise Act 2018, which comes into effect this week, allows customs officials to demand passwords, PINs and encryption keys to unlock devices for “digital strip searches”. Travellers who refuse to hand over the passwords will be charged up to $NZ5000 ($A4580) and could face having their device confiscated as well as prosecution. Previously, customs officials could stop anyone at the border and demand to see their devices but until now, the law didn’t compel travellers to provide their password as well.'

NZ under fire for controversial new customs law

Lacking Moral Fibre

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
The Kiwi settlers definitely treat/ treated the indigenous pop better than the Aussies ever did.
Is it because the Maoris have a proven record of being able to fight and seem to like a good scrap?

Where as the aboriginal folk of Oz seem to spend their lives sitting on the ground drunk and then producing even uglier kids?

D

Deleted 60082

Clearly few of the posters have been in NZ over the last four decades. Great food, great outdoors, great sports people, excellent wines and beers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly few if the posters have been in NZ over the last four decades. Great food, great outdoor, great sports people, excellent wines and beers...
It is not perfect but I can think of a hell of a lot of worse places on this planet.

Went backpacking there a few years ago and absolutely loved the place and thought the Kiwis were a cracking bunch. It's one of those places that actually goes way beyond your expectations of how beautiful it is.

Seriously considered moving there for a long time but after some research the economics of moving there are shoite. Everything expensive as ****, especially houses which are by our standards a cardboard box, wages are lower to stick the boot in. Add to that there are too many stories of people from outside NZ being royally fucked about in the job market.

. Add to that there are too many stories of people from outside NZ being royally fucked about in the job market.
Care to expand on that comment.
If you do I will explain what is happening.

Latest Threads