New "yellow card" law for pubs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by charlesp, Jan 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From BBC

The "three strikes" law, ie "People with three on-the-spot fines or convictions for drink-related offences will be banned from pubs and bars in specified areas for a fixed time, under new Drinking Banning Orders." It seems to me that this would be realistically impossible to enforce. The police police are stretched enough on a friday and saturday night and simply do not have the time to be chasing these people whilst druken fuelled assaults and criminal damage and other crimes are taking place.

2. When was the last time that dick went out to a town center on a sat night? Torys and even more nanny state tatics, Are they trying to win the blue rinse Vote?

3. Why is it three strikes? That's a baseball/spam thing. If it's Yellow Cards then it should two cards and you serve a three pub ban. Perhaps if you grandslam in the meat wagon that would be a straight red and a 5 pub ban?

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

They use the yellow card system in my police area, the local chavs like it cos they just laugh at the local police! We dont use them and they end up in custody!

How we chuckle when they ask for their yellow card! Sorry Sir we only use the Red one!

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hey Corp - I've occasionally wondered about your avatar...

Guess what? Check this out:
    http://www.ibogleif.dk/uk/index.html :lol: :lol:

Take the Concentration Test - bet you a pint you can't follow the ball first time around !

I think she may be prime Danishshshsh.......

Lee Shaver

6. Lol, even I got distracted the first time!!! :D :D