New Years Honours

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rudolph_Hucker, Dec 31, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good to see some of the honours going to the sports people, particularly Holmes and Pincent.

Haven't been able to track anything down for Paula Radcliff yet.

Must be due something for jacking two big races on the trot but then winning the one that had a big payout!! :twisted:

2. Well posted Sir! A timely reminder of what makes the world of sport go round! Thank goodness the Olympics are for amateurs!

3. Seem to recall that Dame Kelly had something of a falling out with the army - was it over expecting higher rank?. I don't think it resulted (directly) in her leaving. Amyone remember/know more ?.

Anyway - congrats to her on what's she's achieved, an awful lot of bluddy hard work went into it. A pleasure to see her victories shown again and again, but I wish they'd use some technology to edit out the 'faux' astonishment.

4. Congratulations to Kelly Holmes, very well deserved!

Lance

5. Big up the Kabul Massive!

Congratulations Mate

You are now forgiven for the dodgy wedding photo. 8O :D :D , but the erstwhile future Mrs. PTP is still looking for the SOH she lost over it :D

I presume GOC KiplingLand decided he didn't want your kids after all , and gonged you in instead?

Fantastic, ring the bell :twisted:

6. Oh and congratulations to WOD , for the big gong he got too.

7. Can I point out that I have worked for over half the chaps in the CBE bit. They obviously took note of everything that I taught them.

8. Was that the top half of them you worked for, or the bottom half?