New Years Honours

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by A2_Matelot, Dec 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Congratulations to Brig Pope and Lt Col Cole!!

2. Together with Lt Col Dale, WO2 Boughen, Maj Cosgrove, Sgt Gale, Sgt King and Maj Smith. Best result we've had for a long time, and congratulations to all. The full list is on the Daily Telegraph Site here, with the military bit at the bottom right of Page 2.

I can post the full Army list here, if anyone wants it.

Don

3. A2_Matelot

TY Donny, I wasn't snubbing the others I only had those names passed on.

I like Brig Pope, only someone as nice as him could ignore a faceful of diet coke being sneezed onto him! I will forever live in shame.......

Congratulations to the rest!

4. No problem, mate. I only posted the rest for anyone else who is interested and hadn't seen the list.

Don

5. Well done to WO2 Dean Boughen. Great news!!

Charlie

6. Cow

Cow LE

He was my CO at 30, good guy to have as your boss, use to appear in the hanger and chat to the lads at random, no badge or anyone else to ensure you took the party line of 'everything is smelling of roses'.

7. Congrat's to all the military who received awards - should have been more rewarded/acknowledged.
    But FFS, a Knighthood for Parkinson? 'Entertainers' and luvvies always seem to get a disproportionate number of gongs. Maybe Amy Whinehouse will get one next year for services to independant suppliers!

8. A2_Matelot

Yes, they are "interesting". Kylie, love to her bits (and have dispensation from Mrs A2 if the chance were to ever occur :D ) but an OBE?

And a Knighthood for "services to broadcasting"?

I always thought it would a great if each person has a one liner:
    "Maj Emergency for leadership in the teaboat....." or something more appropriate of course. Nice to know what they did to earn the accolades. Purely out of interest.

9. Bet Brian Ashton is hacked off...only an MBE where Sir Clive got a knighthood? Probably had a monkey on a CBE at least down at Joe Corals!

10. Well done to all Corps recipients. :) Great news.

Shame all the news headlines are Minogue and Parkinson though, both thoroughly undeserving. The awards for celebrities are disgraceful. An OBE for Kylie Minogue for singing other people's songs and becoming rich beyond her wildest dreams? Shocking. Parkinson is the biggest sycophant going, fawning over celebs and getting a "Sir". Meanwhile I spotted an ex-RSIGNALS bloke from Hereford (nearly 30yrs with SF and now LE Major) and just now getting an MBE. WTF? How can that be inferior to "Brave Kylie" and her other millionaire chums? :evil:

11. I'll echo the congratulations to all Corps members, had the pleasure of working with or for a few of them.

As an aside and at the risk of causing the pedants to descend on this thread; since when has the Royal Corps of Signals been abbreviated to RCS :?:

12. Where!

13. Feckin Boughen!

Could fall in a pile of sh1te and come out smelling of roses :D

Seriously, congrats to all.

Edited for sh1te spelling :oops:

14. In the Telegraph

15. HA he never changes... Well in Deano!