New Years Honours

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Pox_Dr, Dec 31, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With the pending awards due how well will we as a service do.

My guess is the usual sprinkling of OBE's & MBE's to the Col's & above, possibly 1 maybe 2 ARRC's to Capt's & above.

And nil to nothing to the people on ground that do the work.

Why is a relevant question - my own feelings are that our hierarchy are very poor in writing the relevant nominations or can't be bothered.

This is bourn out by the Gulf honours, 1 ARRC & an OBE I believe.

I don't believe it’s a god given right that we should be awarded these, but I can't believe that we as HCW aren’t worthy.

I recently had this discussion with a senior Capt in Bos & her opinion was well I’ve not been put up for anything so why should I bother.

We will see tomorrow. Maybe I will be eating my words, but I doubt it.
  2. all very true Doc, the AMS are pants at putting its people forward for awards for the very same reason you mentioned, the 'Im not getting one so neither are you' mentality.
    The QAs only dish out the ARRCs cos if they dont award them for this year then the Navy or RAF will get them.
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Well having perused the list- enough said!
  4. We must say CONGRATULATIONS to all those AMS people who have been honoured in the New Years Honours list. Congratulations and well done.

I check out the lists all year round and must agree that the RAMC (lower end) doesn't feature as well as it should. This year (I believed) would be a bumper year due the the operations which many have done. Some of you went to them all!!

Remember that some may have been nominated but not made it through the trawl.

Oh, well done the English Rugby team, you all risked everything to win at least an MBE each.
  5. I agree, those that have been nominated have done well. Congrats Pat.

But from the link QMan supplied it appears 1 RAMC & a QA got a MBE each, nil else.

Very disappointing for the AMS.

I rest my case.
  6. Yes Pox- Dr. considering the amount of servicemen/women doing grand stuff around the world, mmmm. yet all 31 of the rugby team get a gong, hey that's fair isn't it.. glad to see all those that serve are still seen in such high esteem!!
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Let us not forget that President Bliar is responsible for many of the nominations.

Number of potential votes in awarding honours to England Rugby Team = many
    Amount of hassle from Gordon 'thief' Brown for drawing attention to expensive military = much
  8. F**k all for me again.... Selfish tw*ts :twisted:
  9. I don't know how my nomination form got lost either :D
    I felt sure i would have got one this year for being a long term Gwar... :D :(
  10. Good to see all the AMS in the New Year Honours list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I wonder if the DG is getting the point and will do something about it) But then again he wasn't listed either.
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Is this a Porridge Bloke moaning that 31 players from the England Rugby team have got honoured? Atleast he can never moan that 31 jocks have got in from the 2007 RWC.
  12. The only time the AMS get anything is if they are nominated by non medical unit, as the good lady QA who just recieved one will confirm.
  13. One could say that the AMS hierarchy as a whole are very short sighted when it comes to acknowledging others individual efforts... or would that be too cynical of me?? 8O
  14. cynical? you me old muckster? never, but what self respecting AMS CO is going to put someone in his own unit forward for a gong that he himself hasnt got? would he really want a scummy other rank standing next to him wearing an MBE in comparrison to his mere Golden Jubilee medal at the rememberance parade?