New Years Honours

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wedge_cadman, Dec 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's coming up to that time again and I always forget to buy newspaper.
    What day do the Honours come out in print and what's the best newspaper for the full list?

Cheers
    W_C

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Q1. Friday

Q2. ARRSE

3. not had my brown OHMS brown envelope yet?
    does this mean I'm not on the list, again?

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Bloody Royal Mail :)

5. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

They've mixed it up with your redundancy letter ;-)

6. The official MoD website will publish the list in full and it will no doubt be linked to various threads on ARRSE. If you want hard copy then The Daily Telegraph will have it.

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

A chum of mine who got an MBE a few years ago was only told the day before. CivDiv are told are told in advance that HM is minded to grant them an award and will they accept it. You recall that cnut Benjamin Zaphenia gobbed off in the Guardian in 2003 about turning down an OBE. If you're serving you have no choice so no need to tell you in advance.

8. At least he had the moral conviction to immediately follow the path he thought his conscience dictated, unlike that awful Alibhai-Brown woman.

9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Good point! Given how awful this country is one wonders why they doesn't follow their conscious and go and live somewhere else.

Edited to add: Before anyone mentions it I'm aware that Zephania spends part of his time in that centre of racial tolerance and human rights the People Republic of China. It seems conscious only goes so far.