New Years Honours

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by PoisonDwarf, Dec 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Congratulations to Capt Mick Angove and Sgt Justin Dine from our Corps for being awarded MBEs in the 2009 New Years Honours List.

MOD - New Years Honours List 2009

Also, well done to WO2 Maurice Byrne and WO2 Joseph Krikorian who were awarded the QVRM.

Finally, I see that Gen Sir Richard Dannatt KCB CBE MC ADC finally got recognised with a Knight Grand Cross. It's about time these unsung heroes got some recognition. It must be difficult enough living on a General's wage. Do you think that every time the honours list comes up these guys thing "oh bo11ocks, knight grand cross of thingummy - another medal to get court-mounted"? :wink:

2. Fantastic news for Mick. An absolutely top fella and was the very epitome of the scary Sgt Major. For him to receive this award is great news, he is a proper old school soldier. He wasn't know as Angry Angove for nothing
  3. Totally agree guru, top bloke.

Many congrats to all.
  4. Well done Jay.
  5. Agreed, but I would like to add an extra well done to Maurice and Joe, IIRC both have over 45 years service. Both awards well overdue in my opinion.
  6. Right thats it, I am now officially old and decrepit.

Capt Angry Angove?

Fcuking good drills that man :)
  7. I don't think that you were at the front of the shocked queue :D

It was good news that someone that isn't one of the yes men of the Corps got picked up.
  8. Its not so much that he got the honour, I am sure he more than deserves it. It is more the fact that he was allowed to become an orifice ?

After the Italian General chest poking incident I knew he was destined for greatness :lol:
  9. Mr "Fists of Fury" did well to stay in the Sgt's Mess :D
  10. Well done Joe and Jay,

All the very best for the new year to all at Bletchley.