New Years Honours

Congratulations to Capt Mick Angove and Sgt Justin Dine from our Corps for being awarded MBEs in the 2009 New Years Honours List.

MOD - New Years Honours List 2009

Also, well done to WO2 Maurice Byrne and WO2 Joseph Krikorian who were awarded the QVRM.

Finally, I see that Gen Sir Richard Dannatt KCB CBE MC ADC finally got recognised with a Knight Grand Cross. It's about time these unsung heroes got some recognition. It must be difficult enough living on a General's wage. Do you think that every time the honours list comes up these guys thing "oh bo11ocks, knight grand cross of thingummy - another medal to get court-mounted"? :wink:

PD

Fantastic news for Mick. An absolutely top fella and was the very epitome of the scary Sgt Major. For him to receive this award is great news, he is a proper old school soldier. He wasn't know as Angry Angove for nothing
:D

the_guru said:
Fantastic news for Mick. An absolutely top fella and was the very epitome of the scary Sgt Major. For him to receive this award is great news, he is a proper old school soldier. He wasn't know as Angry Angove for nothing:D
Totally agree guru, top bloke.

Many congrats to all.

PoisonDwarf said:
Congratulations to Capt Mick Angove and Sgt Justin Dine from our Corps for being awarded MBEs in the 2009 New Years Honours List.

MOD - New Years Honours List 2009

Also, well done to WO2 Maurice Byrne and WO2 Joseph Krikorian who were awarded the QVRM.

Finally, I see that Gen Sir Richard Dannatt KCB CBE MC ADC finally got recognised with a Knight Grand Cross. It's about time these unsung heroes got some recognition. It must be difficult enough living on a General's wage. Do you think that every time the honours list comes up these guys thing "oh bo11ocks, knight grand cross of thingummy - another medal to get court-mounted"? :wink:

PD
Agreed, but I would like to add an extra well done to Maurice and Joe, IIRC both have over 45 years service. Both awards well overdue in my opinion.

the_guru said:
Fantastic news for Mick. An absolutely top fella and was the very epitome of the scary Sgt Major. For him to receive this award is great news, he is a proper old school soldier. He wasn't know as Angry Angove for nothing
Right thats it, I am now officially old and decrepit.

Capt Angry Angove?

Fcuking good drills that man :)

Steven said:
the_guru said:

Capt Angry Angove?

I don't think that you were at the front of the shocked queue :D

It was good news that someone that isn't one of the yes men of the Corps got picked up.

the_guru said:
Steven said:
the_guru said:

Capt Angry Angove?

I don't think that you were at the front of the shocked queue :D

It was good news that someone that isn't one of the yes men of the Corps got picked up.
Its not so much that he got the honour, I am sure he more than deserves it. It is more the fact that he was allowed to become an orifice ?

After the Italian General chest poking incident I knew he was destined for greatness :lol:

Mr "Fists of Fury" did well to stay in the Sgt's Mess :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alfred_the_great The Intelligence Cell 31
Mr_Fingerz The NAAFI Bar 100
*** Joey *** Medals 4