Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Years Honours List

Getting one's muscle in the right place is its own reward.
You got an honorary seat on the Green Benches for it, true, in your twenties. But there was a great deal of practice work on the Ashford constituency hustings involved.

You got an honorary seat on the Green Benches for it, true, in your twenties. But there was a great deal of practice work on the Ashford constituency hustings involved.

I'm not sure that we are talking about the same muscle . . .

Nick Clegg 'to receive a knighthood in New Year's Honours'

What could better encapsulate the utter pointlessness of the honours system?

Incidentally, I was chatting a week or two ago to the son of a former British boxing champ. He'd just that day attended his dad's MBE ceremony at Windsor (a mere 37 years after he'd hung up his gloves).

Do you know, they don't even give you so much as a cup of tea and a biscuit before or after the audience.

Nick Clegg 'to receive a knighthood in New Year's Honours'

What could better encapsulate the utter pointlessness of the honours system?

Incidentally, I was chatting a week or two ago to the son of a former British boxing champ. He'd just that day attended his dad's MBE ceremony at Windsor (a mere 37 years after he'd hung up his gloves).

Do you know, they don't even give you so much as a cup of tea and a biscuit before or after the audience.
Just to be clear, the like is for the contents of your post, not because the creature Clegg may be getting a Knighthood! :smile:

Purple_Flash

ADC
I think you are being a bit unfair. He did the nation a great service in losing his seat; if he had not there was a chance that he may have had some influence over our lives.

I think you are being a bit unfair. He did the nation a great service in losing his seat; if he had not there was a chance that he may have had some influence over our lives.
Can’t wait for the gushing compliments in the HoC :puker:

Drogon

Swinger
I am hoping Clegg getting a knighthood is a setup. Just a clever way to get Clegg kneeling down in front of an elderly woman who could blame the tragic lapse, where she hacked him to pieces with the sword in her hand, on advancing years and a declining grip on her marbles.

It could be worse. Some former Deputy PMs have been made Lords.....

I am hoping Clegg getting a knighthood is a setup. Just a clever way to get Clegg kneeling down in front of an elderly woman who could blame the tragic lapse, where she hacked him to pieces with the sword in her hand, on advancing years and a declining grip on her marbles.
Given the history of dementia in the family, if she got the second son (Who is a robust chap, and obviously did the cutlass drills) to deputise, and HE lost it...