New Years Honours List

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pararegtom, Dec 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

FFS i,m not in the New years Honours List, I paid me money and not even a Baronette Barstards.

But in the real world who should get them ? an aging rock band, a Bard of film and stage. or a Bomb Disposal expert.
    Pray tell.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8435197.stm

2. Me. I should get one for putting up with you fondling my bottom. :D

Happy New Year!!!!!!

3. That means I should get one too then... :p

Happy new year to you too! :D

x

4. My Brother missed out in 08's honours list, after that i dont take any notice.It usually goes to some "celebrities" anyhow.
    He did get a letter of Comondation from his CO mind.

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

It seems that some people forget that there's a difference between The Military and The Civil Divisions.

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Bernard Cribbins

Voice of the wombles, top jackanory bloke from my young days and in loads of great Ealing Comedies
    Still going strong and still proudly wearing his cap badge on his wolly hat on Doctor Who (Para Reg)
    IIRC the only person to appear in Doctor Who in Film, Radio and T.V.
    Also did a great turn at T.A. 100 although that shouldn't be held against him by ARABS :wink:

Must be time for an honour for this bloke?

7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Actually that really does surprise me that he is not at least an MBE. Especially with the amount of charity work that he does.

8. and Bruce Forsyth

9. Cressida Dick got the QPM.

Mismanage a major counter terrorist op, gets promoted before the enquiry is held and now this.

Why do we bother.

10. yeah...but she DOES have a seriously snigger-worthy name!! Not sure Phil the greek will be able to contain himself when THAT one is read out :D

11. Fuck me. Bring back the days when Knights went on the rampage and killed everyone and didn't sing stupid songs or play some gay sport.

12. Rugby? Sure, there's a lot of touching other men wearing very short shorts but I'm not sure it quite counts as gay. Unless you're Welsh, of course.

13. And Ginger

14. (Sir) Ian McGeechan was our rugby coach at school. Why a knighthood I don't know, a CBE would have done, but in fairness he is a decent bloke.