New Years Honours List 2015

John hurt and Esther rantzen knighted, long overdue.

D

Deleted 4886

I guess nobody read this bit!
This material is issued for the convenience of the media to assist journalists in the
preparation of their reports on condition that:
i. no notice of it appears in this country or in any country whether east or west of
Greenwich, before 22.30 hours GMT Tuesday 30 December 2014.
ii. its contents are neither communicated to any outside body or person before
publication, nor are broadcast in any country, whether east or west of Greenwich,
before 22.30 hours GMT Tuesday 30 December 2014.

I guess nobody read this bit!
This material is issued for the convenience of the media to assist journalists in the
preparation of their reports on condition that:
i. no notice of it appears in this country or in any country whether east or west of
Greenwich, before 22.30 hours GMT Tuesday 30 December 2014.
ii. its contents are neither communicated to any outside body or person before
publication, nor are broadcast in any country, whether east or west of Greenwich,
before 22.30 hours GMT Tuesday 30 December 2014.

Isnt it gone past 22.30 on the 30th in the UK already?

It certainly is here.

Chodmeister

RIP
RIP
After my contribution to the Brewing and Distilling Industries I'm a bit miffed I didn't get even a BEM...rats

The same Esther Rantzen who set up childline but wilfully turned a blind eye to Jimmy Saville?

You mean the same Jimmy Saville who never saw the inside of a courtroom and as such was never convicted of anything?:rolleyes:

Wonder what these ones are all about then?
lifted from the link

David Edward John RAMSDEN, CBE
Head, Government Economic Service.
For services to Economic Policy Making.

Thomas Philip WINSOR
HM Chief Inspector of Constabulary.
For public service.

David Julian COOK
Second Parliamentary Counsel, Office of
the Parliamentary Counsel. For services
to the Preparation of Legislation.

I only got to page 6 but I bet there were loads more. Seems people are being honoured for just doing their job?

Yes honouring people for services to their profession is a good thing but not when the bling comes automatically with the job titles.

Nepotism and bling for the boys/girls? Reward for keeping mouths firmly shut on the workings of Government?

I am no lefty by any means of the imagination but I see a deeply flawed system here.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The same Esther Rantzen who set up childline but wilfully turned a blind eye to Jimmy Saville?
Obviously been holding on to all the 'dirt' about senior people in the country until she got her Damehood. Maybe now she can tell the police about all the stuff she has been told over the years about these peados - or are these vile people in her 'circle' of friends and still inviolate?

She says she knew about Saville and did SFA, which in my book should be an indictable offence, yet instead of being called to the Dock in front of a Judge she has been called to Buck House! Honour my ARRSE!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ooops (Sir) Jonny Wilkinson.

You should stop believing what you see in the papers!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...ighthood-Queen-s-New-Year-s-Honours-list.html

Wilkinson, who retired from rugby this year, appeared to heighten the speculation in a message he posted on Twitter on Monday night.

He wrote: 'So many more deserving amongst u who won't get recognition. To you I say thanks 4 the lessons in life. 4 the messages - u guys are incredible.'

I think he has just learned another 'lesson in life'.

chimera

LE

chimera

LE
Wonder what these ones are all about then?
lifted from the link

I only got to page 6 but I bet there were loads more. Seems people are being honoured for just doing their job?

Yes honouring people for services to their profession is a good thing but not when the bling comes automatically with the job titles.

Nepotism and bling for the boys/girls? Reward for keeping mouths firmly shut on the workings of Government?

I am no lefty by any means of the imagination but I see a deeply flawed system here.

Private sector get bonuses. We get baubles and post - nominal letters. I think I know which I would prefer.

James Cann OBE - By all accounts the man's a bully and a crook. Keep your eye's peeled for a new book that will be released next year that will highlight his shady history....

ACAB

LE
Obviously been holding on to all the 'dirt' about senior people in the country until she got her Damehood. Maybe now she can tell the police about all the stuff she has been told over the years about these peados - or are these vile people in her 'circle' of friends and still inviolate?

She says she knew about Saville and did SFA, which in my book should be an indictable offence, yet instead of being called to the Dock in front of a Judge she has been called to Buck House! Honour my ARRSE!

It already is:

Section 5, Criminal Law Act 1967

Penalties for concealing offences or giving false information.

(1)Where a person has committed an arrestable offence, any other person who, knowing or believing that the offence or some other arrestable offence has been committed, and that he has information which might be of material assistance in securing the prosecution or conviction of an offender for it, accepts or agrees to accept for not disclosing that information any consideration other than the making good of loss or injury caused by the offence, or the making of reasonable compensation for that loss or injury, shall be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for not more that two years.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
@ACAB That bit of law looks to me to be if someone gets paid in some way or other. It does not say "If you knew but did not tell". It would have to be proven that a) the person knew about the offence and b) took a reward, does not have to be financial, not to tell. Slightly different than just keeping schtumn.

Latest Threads