• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

New Years Honours (again)

Actually given the relevant sizes of Regular and Territorial forces and the huge amount of work done by the regulars to keep it all together I think the Regular forces are under represented. But I've only been a Territorial for 36 years so what do I know.

The_Duke said:
So then Wingletang, the question begs asking -

How many citations did you write up and submit?
Very true, in the past my unit has written citations and awards have been given. However certain CO's would not or did not write them so nothing appeared. i would be curious to see how many were written.

Try JSP 761, "Honours & Awards in the Armed Forces". It lays out the criteria (& rank range!) for certain awards & gives examples of specimen citations. The specimen citations are an OK starting point, but you'd need to be significantly better than these if you're going to get your citation through the various levels of filter.

It's "Restricted - Honours", so I can't post a link. It is on DII somewhere however...

Happy New Year!

The_Duke

LE
Wingletang said:
The_Duke said:

Just the one....and she didn't get through the sift.
At least you (and hopefully she) know that you made the effort to have her work recognised.

Perhaps it was just that what was worthy of a write up from you just did not make the grade on the awards board? What level of suport did your citation get higher up the chain?

Perhaps I am less cynical than you but I am not convinced that it is about equality of pigs, but equality of citations that counts.

The_Duke said:
Wingletang said:
The_Duke said:

Just the one....and she didn't get through the sift.
At least you (and hopefully she) know that you made the effort to have her work recognised.

Perhaps it was just that what was worthy of a write up from you just did not make the grade on the awards board? What level of suport did your citation get higher up the chain?

Perhaps I am less cynical than you but I am not convinced that it is about equality of pigs, but equality of citations that counts.
You may be right. Or even just the quantity of citations, let alone the quality.

Latest Threads