New Years Honours 2015

I see the Corps fared well in the New Years Honours again! Oh, that's right, it didn't!!! Does anyone else feel the soldiers and officers are badly let down and the Corps under-represented when it comes to honours and awards. The Signals always seem to do well!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

How many people did you write up then?

Do any of you know our sole recipient?

None Alfred. I'm no longer serving. But I did put people forward whilst I was serving, both for operational honours and awards and for MSM's. Needless to say, none got anything.

Rebel, no, can't say I do.

Cheers mate. Message sent on FB.

chimera

LE
I see the Corps fared well in the New Years Honours again! Oh, that's right, it didn't!!! Does anyone else feel the soldiers and officers are badly let down and the Corps under-represented when it comes to honours and awards. The Signals always seem to do well!

If no-one writes the citation then no-one gets the award. Simple. Corps should have a good look at itself.

ironr4tions

Old-Salt
If no-one writes the citation then no-one gets the award. Simple. Corps should have a good look at itself.
Or perhaps not. I wrote up one of my lads... I'm sure others have as well. It's often difficult to get them past a non-Int Corps CoC, but that means you simply carry on trying. And as for our sole recipient, a good bloke, as all we transferees are. Well deserved.

A great deal depends on the way it was written. GOCNI in the 80s would bin any that stated "he has worked extremely long hours" because he reckoned everyone worked long hours in NI. I have seen many good and deserving people rejected due to poor staffing. On the other hand, I have seen a fair few undeserving get something because of good ones. The RAF seem to have it off pat.
Not saying Int Corps are particularly bad at it but many seem to come to a dead stop once it gets higher up the chain.

As many have stated, plenty get written up but for whatever reason the numbers receiving awards doesn't seem to reflect the Corps contribution to Defence. I'm not sure whether it's down to poor write ups, the non-Corps CoC or other factors. With tongue firmly in cheek one might even suggest we are too honest in our write ups'

I'm currently sat at home, waiting for the postman to deliver my brown envelope. The missus reckons I'm wasting my time and I've actually missed out again this year.
Some cap badges are clearly better than others at formulating the actual write ups and getting them pushed upwards and onwards. R SIGNALS have had good and bad years and many of the recipients were fully deserving of their recognition, while others caused a mix of shock and despair when their names appeared in lights - it was ever thus.
Let's face it, whether it's the Military Division or the Civvie section, the annual hand-wringing about the actual point of the Honours system is a given. However, occasionally the system throws up a deserving recipient that makes it all worth while. Step forward James Corden OBE. :roll:

D

Deleted 4886

Not a great year but will there not be an Operational Honours list along with the NYH list? There's a coupe of LE officers I would expect to be getting nice gongs about now.

Not a great year but will there not be an Operational Honours list along with the NYH list? There's a coupe of LE officers I would expect to be getting nice gongs about now.

That would explain why I didn't appear in the NY list then.