New Year Wishes to UK Troops from Grateful French Citizen

This was passed on to me and I thought it worth sharing. I wholeheartedly agree!

I just received a phone call from a member of the public named Mme T. She is a French national and sounded quite old. Mme T insisted that I transmit her best Christmas and New Year wishes and profound gratitude to the British people! Her thoughts go towards our troops in Afghanistan on this special Christmas day. They are doing an invaluable job for freedom and democracy as they did in 1945 to liberate France.
Thoughts to all those in sandy places, stay safe.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well done for posting that FMP......it was all a very long time ago and any Brit who expects gratitude from people in ANY of the WWII Occupied countries is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Nice to know that however much the English hate them, there are a few French people left who remember with gratitude those who died that they might live free.

A vot' santé Madame 'T' ;-)

Le Chevre

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If you go to the Western Front there are plenty of Union Flags flying on buildings. More than one normally sees in the UK. There won't be many people there who were around during the Great War but there is still plenty of gratitude to our ancestors on behalf of their ancestors.

what a lovely meassge, one I'm sure we all agree with

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS MoD News 0
k613 The Intelligence Cell 3
M Aviation 8