New year Honours - your choice

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, Dec 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Getting close to the time to hand out serious bling. Who do you think will pick up?

Honorary Knighthood
    Michael Jackson - for dying

Kerry Katona
    OBE for services to entertainment by disappearing from the celeb circuit and for services to the fat brigade

Rage Against the Machine
    CB For fucking off Simon Cowell
  2. How about doing an Arrse New Years Honours list? Who would you recommmend? and for which honour?
  3. The designer of the Jackal for putting the forward and rear operating positions directly over the mine-loving wheels....
  4. Some form of MBE/OBE for Joanna Lumley for her work on behalf of the Gurkhas.
  5. To be fair the Jackal was designed well before the current threat in Afghanistan came along, however I do agree with you. I'd much rather be in a RWMIK. We lost three on H8 to minestrike/IED without a single serious casualty.
  6. I take it you've been reading your xmas present and now have a semi on for the Gurkhas? They are quite poo compared to line infantry to be honest. Especially their performance on H7.
  7. I wonder if the design team [ever] took advice from anyone who'd ever served in a forward area though?

I also love the stable handling during fully-loaded evasive manouvers - gives so much confidence...
  8. To a certain extent they did with their free floating seats and under chasis armour. Obviously no one thought about sitting directly on top of the front wheel or they disregarded the information from previous encounters with mines/IED which I believe would have been the case.
  9. Cadbury Dairy Milk (small), to Bliar for his services to our country, posthumously.
  10. An award to Jade Goody perhaps for raising awareness on the plight of Orangutans in the Borneo forests, by losing her hair in sympathy?
  11. Renni-77 for keeping us amused. I enjoyed his wind up of reargun raper immensely. His woman beating thread took the NAAFI Bar back to old skool levels of enjoyment. :D
  12. She hasn't disappeared though....
  13. Here,here, I second that one !
  14. Dame sounds good to me!
  15. Richard Todd - Posthumous Knighthood