New writings about soldiers experiences.

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by catnaping, Dec 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see you have posted this on Charities & Welfare as well - what's the charity angle?
  2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

He's just spamming the site at the moment. Awaiting a watch and shoot instruction if it goes on.
  3. Anyone interested in writing about their experiences could benefit from joining a creative writing workshop. There is usually one around nearby. There are charitable organisations that aim to promote reading and writing - the Scottish Books Trust recently ran the "Days Like These" essay project to collect short narratives based on personal experiences. Workshops can identify such opportunities.

There is a lot of talent out there and it doesn't have to be Bravo Two Zero stuff. George MacDonald Fraser's recollections - Quartered Safe Out Here and the McAuslan series - are amongst the best, and his experiences were probably typical of his generation.

A compilation of military short stories and recollections could raise a lot of money for Service charities. Authors should be rightly protective of their own work as well though.
  4. Hi I can assure you I am not spamming.

Maybe you should take a look?
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Normal people find one forum enough.
  6. So sorry.

I was unsure of the response I would get as I am a newcomer to the site.

David is looking to get published so he can hopefully help veterans like himself.

He has been out for three years having served for 22, he served like many after leaving the Army within the FCO.

He ended up living on the streets, fortunately he was rescued unlike many.

I was curious on where to post the comment, now it seems a little clearer.

I dont think that makes me abnormal, does it?
  7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

You have ansered your own question, you posted on arrse :wink:
  8. It does seem so doesnt it