New Website Pre-empts Sarah's Law

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Nov 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

BBC News - Man publishes UK paedophiles' details on website (c) Auntie

I'm not sure if this is a good thing.

On the one hand, parents and other concerned adults will be able to find out if one of the 9500 individuals named is in their neighbourhood. On the other, people who can't tell the difference between a paediatrician and a paedophile will cause mayhem and drive registered offenders underground.
  2. I think putting registered offenders underground might be the whole idea for some people.
  3. If every nonce had a captive bolt driven through their head at high speed on conviction, then we'd not have the various associated problems with the mentioned websites and various morons....
  4. Any website that 'Names and shames' people is dangerous. Don't like your neighbour? Put their name on the paedo website and sooner or later a mouth breathing moron will petrol bomb their house.
    Greer Garson's idea for a website naming 'rapists' had the same mad ethos.
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

what he said.

sets a very dangerous precedent indeed.
  6. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Agree with Chef & maguire, the fact that we have a Sex Offenders Register that is a closed book to the public has ensured that it maintains a high registration in comparison to public registers elsewhere in the world.

Secondly, does no-one remeber the complete descent to mob behaviour that resulted from the idiotic bint Rebecca Wade carrying out a name & shame campaign whilst she was editor at NotW, a lot of innocent people were persecuted because of it including an attack on a pediatrician.
  7. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Well I'm No.4 for the "daft idea" opinion. All it would take is one mad moron with a perceived grudge. Think I read in the free Metro rag on a train a few weeks ago about a woman that had claimed a bloke was a paedophile for some reason. In the reported story she had been convicted and sentence to a few years inside. But ONLY after the poor blke had lost EVERYTHING, wife, kids, all his friends and family, job, the lot.
  8. A lady in Newport IIRC. Who had probably looked at quite a number of pre-pubescent vaginas. So burn the dirty kiddie-fiddling lezzer bitch I say.

C_C, but you can call me No.5
  9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

its dangerous and smacks of witch trials, the scout association is going silly on this as they have a 2 references - one is based on legal reports and records, the other on rumour and gossip. a lot of leaders have been forced to quit because headquarters are asking for their heads with no actual proof.
  10. The late (fell off the perch April 6, 1996) star of Mrs. Minerva named and shamed rapists?

Didn't well-known Aussie feminist Germaine Greer have anything to say about it?