• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

new weapons

Does anyone not think we now ACTUALLY have a decent reliable weapon system in the revised A2 version of SA80? alot of kinks have been worked out
Ok, I'll bite.

Perfect? No.

Decent, accurate and reliable? Yes.

I think buying a new rifle would be lovely, but for the small gains it would give us I think the money is better spent elsewhere.

That HK416c is seriously ally though. If allyness saves lives then you won't die if you're carrying one!

Does anyone not think we now ACTUALLY have a decent reliable weapon system in the revised A2 version of SA80? alot of kinks have been worked out
I do but, it has bad ergonomics its heavy and out dated. The m16/m4 platform which the 416 is just a piston driven m4 is old but the addons and the aftermarket stuff is tremendous.

I do but, it has bad ergonomics its heavy and out dated. The m16/m4 platform which the 416 is just a piston driven m4 is old but the addons and the aftermarket stuff is tremendous.
I've fired the 416 and M4, both with and without all the attachments (most of which you can get on the L85 with the UOR foregrip)

Compared to the L85, I found the balance to be very poor, and with the shorter barrels, accuracy at anything more than 100-200m fell of a cliff. With the 20" barrel version of the 416 (i.e. similar to L85) and a x4 sight, the weight is very similar to L85.

Read KoK's post again.
then print it out and re-read it

It's not a bad weapon, but it doesn't meet any current requirement, and as such has not been purchased for use by Them

the 416c will not be replacing the SA80A2, which is probably the best pound for pound rifle out there at present (now that the kinks have been ironed out, admittidley) but the whole M4 family are no better and ceratinly wouldn't justify the cost of replacing the SA80A2 fleet just yet

the 416c was modified by the manufacturer to meet a requirement that was subsequently dropped. just imagine for a second how ******* horrible firing a 5.56mm rifle , with a 10 inch barrel, on full auto, inside a moving car would be like.

You and me both mate :)

Shame you couldn't make it to SHOTSHOW, loads of ally stuff here... :)
Only 1 pax aloud to go mate, I spoke to the boss about it and that was all he was aloud to send!!! 8 went to AUSA though....might get there one day, although it's not looking good for the future.

think AI regret ever letting future weapons play with their latest gats.
well certainly some of the staff of answer the phone inportsmouth do :)

Been doing a lot with the C8 lately, and it's remarkably accurate especially for a 12 inch barrel. The 416C looks like an HK'd up C8/M4 IMHO, shorter barrel would be good for CQB, but like the C8 at longer ranges it would not be up to it. There is absolutely no need to replace the A2, particularly since it has been upgraded and given new UOR equipment/add ons, it's overall body length makes it suitable for CQB and it's longer barrel length gives decent accuracy (from and experienced marksman) out to 600m, still abit heavy though.