new weapon

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by gogs007, May 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi i was looking at janes web site and i saw this, "UK seeks lighter-weight support weapon for operations " looking for something between 5.53 and 7.62. i wonder what we will get.

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

3. 7.62mm version of the minimi.

4. Maybe something like the .280/30 that us Brits put forward many many moons ago but were forced to drop it in favour of the 7.62mm x 51 by them damn Yankees who once every one in NATO adopted the 7.62mm changed to 5.56mm.

5. We also appear to be after a new CQB bundle of joy as published on the EDA website:

<joy>Left and right shoulder!</joy>

6. MP's close protection teams got bored of their HK53's?

7. :D

8. Sounds good to me. It looked good on future weapons. Whats not to like, 7.62 and lighter than a GPMG. No need for extra training. Sounds like a win, win to me.

9. i recently watched a future weapons show and they where tested a 6.8mm made by barrett it shared a lot of parts with the m16/m4 but on the test it had a lot more stopping power

10. A number of pictures of RMP CPTs using L119A1 (or Diemaco/Colt Canada whatever you want to call it) have circulated on the web in the past few years...

11. There drivers some times use the carbine SA80's. Most of the CP teams I have seen/meet are mixed corps and services.

12. Salt fog conditions? SBS maybe?

13. Maybe something in the new 6.8 mm?

14. Why a 7.62 Minimi when we have the Gimpy?

Why another 5.56 rifle when we have the A2, and SFW for UKSF?

Not having a pop, just wondering if anyone here's in the know? :s