New Weapon for down under

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by old_bloke, Nov 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ooooooooh.

3. Looks like a Steyr from about 20 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It is an update with a few rails thrown on.

Longer top rail, introduction of side and bottom rails – significantly increases the number of weapon ancillaries that can be attached.
    Designed for Interoperable Ammunition – designed for optimal performance with new interoperable F1A1 5.56mm ammunition.
    Length of Pull has been shortened by 15mm – improves the ability of the operator to handle the weapon while wearing body armor.
    Modular Lower Fore End – enables operator to change ancillaries and roles in the field.
    Floating Barrel – removal of attachment point from barrel increases the accuracy and reliability of the weapon.
    Fluted Barrel – reduction in barrel weight and increase in performance.
    Folding Cocking Handle – improvement in ergonomics and correction of vulnerability in current design.
    Improved Butt design – increased strength to improve safety, ejection port cover recessed to improved operator interface and reliability.
    Provision for Electronic Architecture – to allow centralized control and power management of ancillary devices.
    Bolt-together Butt – to allow access to fit, maintain and repair the Electronic Architecture components.
    Improved Butt Plate – Improves operator interface and correction of vulnerability in current design.
    Improved Grenade Launcher Mount – improves the balance of the weapon, reducing operator fatigue and increasing accuracy.
    Side-opening Grenade Launcher – can fire all currently available 40mm low velocity grenades (current M203 Launcher is limited).
    Improved Grenade Launcher safety – reduces possibility of unauthorized discharge and danger to operator in the event of misfire.

5. Good job they've improved the safety on the UGL. With the trigger positioned where it is I'd be worried that about getting a 40mm up my Harris.

(by worried I mean secretly hopeful.)

6. There is probably a market for a 40MM Dildo Round for crowd control.

7. It certainly looks a lot less gay

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's not an S*R though is it.......

• Like Like x 2
  9. fu2

fu2 LE

Coward. You should never be ashamed to say the name of the one true weapon. SLR.

• Like Like x 4
  10. You had to didn't you? You've only gone and woken the ******* up.....

• Like Like x 5
  11. Yes, Yes I did :)

12. I shall put one up your arrse on WoT later for that sir!

13. I'll be there later :) You can have a look at my BL10 if you like...

14. What time?

15. Them there rails, are they there to mount gucci stuff on, or just there to stop you burning your hand on an old tired and bad design?