New Weapon for down under

Looks like a Steyr from about 20 years ago.

M

Mr_Tigger

Looks like a Steyr from about 20 years ago.
It is an update with a few rails thrown on.

Longer top rail, introduction of side and bottom rails – significantly increases the number of weapon ancillaries that can be attached.
Designed for Interoperable Ammunition – designed for optimal performance with new interoperable F1A1 5.56mm ammunition.
Length of Pull has been shortened by 15mm – improves the ability of the operator to handle the weapon while wearing body armor.
Modular Lower Fore End – enables operator to change ancillaries and roles in the field.
Floating Barrel – removal of attachment point from barrel increases the accuracy and reliability of the weapon.
Fluted Barrel – reduction in barrel weight and increase in performance.
Folding Cocking Handle – improvement in ergonomics and correction of vulnerability in current design.
Improved Butt design – increased strength to improve safety, ejection port cover recessed to improved operator interface and reliability.
Provision for Electronic Architecture – to allow centralized control and power management of ancillary devices.
Bolt-together Butt – to allow access to fit, maintain and repair the Electronic Architecture components.
Improved Butt Plate – Improves operator interface and correction of vulnerability in current design.
Improved Grenade Launcher Mount – improves the balance of the weapon, reducing operator fatigue and increasing accuracy.
Side-opening Grenade Launcher – can fire all currently available 40mm low velocity grenades (current M203 Launcher is limited).
Improved Grenade Launcher safety – reduces possibility of unauthorized discharge and danger to operator in the event of misfire.

Good job they've improved the safety on the UGL. With the trigger positioned where it is I'd be worried that about getting a 40mm up my Harris.

(by worried I mean secretly hopeful.)

It certainly looks a lot less gay

Coward. You should never be ashamed to say the name of the one true weapon. SLR.

Them there rails, are they there to mount gucci stuff on, or just there to stop you burning your hand on an old tired and bad design?

You had to didn't you? You've only gone and woken the ******* up.....
......( buuurp !) .... try opening a bottle of beer anywhere on that..that ....THING and you would have plastic shattering here and UGL's snapping off there...

And while I'm at it .... where the **** does a bayonet fit on it ? Piece of shit.

mumble mumble SLR and a couple of 66's in your bergan did the job and opened the beer without disintegrating.

......( buuurp !) .... try opening a bottle of beer anywhere on that..that ....THING and you would have plastic shattering here and UGL's snapping off there...

And while I'm at it .... where the **** does a bayonet fit on it ? Piece of shit.

mumble mumble SLR and a couple of 66's in your bergan did the job and opened the beer without disintegrating.
Even with a bayonet it'd be shorter than my cock and less use. ******* puff's gun

Corporal Jones will be spinning in his grave how do you put it up em with an Airfix creation like that.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Market it in 7.62, put some wood furniture on it, move the magazine to just in front of trigger group, add a sword lug and give it a steel buttstrap and it should be a decent weapon.