New Weapon Fires Round Corners

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by babiesarm, Dec 17, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Boxheads had an MP 44 that did that.
    [​IMG]

Think they also had a schmeiser variant that did the same.

Although the Barrel does look as if 'Shotgun' has been working on it with his 'Armourers hammer' :D

2. It seems to me that control will be a factor. The recoil would cause the weapon to come off target.

3. Seem to remember this from my old WWII comics, wasn't it called a krummlauf or something?
    Didn't work very well in the 40's anyway. Would think torque produced by the rifling would lead to all sorts of interesting groupings.

4. My weapon fires up dark holes ! Beat that !!

5. It's a funny looking thing, is that actually a second weapon in the flexible bit? Can you fire them simultaneously? And surely the crossways recoil will be progressively worse the further around the corner it points?

6. This one is just some sort of extention to what appears to be a Glock 17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whoopie a 9mm pistol at the end of the day... and a $3000 invoice with each.

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

"The weapons system, which costs between $3,000 and $5,000, was officially unveiled at a firing range near Tel Aviv.

The camera attached to the gun barrel can focus on targets up to 400 metres away and can be used with any military pistol. "

400 metres ! Marvellous ! Indirect fire with a nine milly ! 8O

8. I'd like to meet the man that can hit anything at 400m with a nine mil.

Then when Ive met him I'd like top meet the man that was hit just to see if he stopped laughing yet

9. I hadn't realised it was effectively a handgun swivelling on the end of a stock - what a strange beast!

10. Hope the Spams don't buy it, they'll have another 180 degrees to spread the friendly fire about in. 8O

11. Aren't you a funny bastard?

12. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

true though

13. funny and accurate :D