New water rescue device

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by happybonzo, Dec 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This thing has just won the James Dyson award. It is a new method of getting a bouyancy aid to some-one who is in difficulties in the water. It look like a terrific idea bit I think that it might be improved by having a lifeline attached to it; or alternativly I suppose that one could use a whaling harpoon

Maybe it would be possible to develop a round to fit the M203... hope that doesn't make me sound too much like IndependantBoffin

YouTube - Longreach Buoyancy Deployment System- 2010 James Dyson Award.wmv

2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Makes you sound like Happybonzo. Do you have an unARRSE alter ego?

I'm sure it would be possible to put one of these in a 203 round but why would you want to?

Perhaps we could design inflatable women to fire out of 203's as Talitubbies seem to find women very frightening (mind you who doesn't)

3. similar things have been around for a while, i saw one in the museum at Kineton. very cool, although to hit anyone in high seas would require a huge amount of luck. strong winds would carry the thing off course and the waves would hide the target. worth a go though, and still better than throwing it.