New Virgin media mates rates package for broadband

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by brettarider, Feb 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

As some of you know I work for Virgin they are currently doing this deal if anyone is interested let me know and I'll sign you up I dont get comission or anything. If your interested give me your name/address/contact tel no/emaily addy it's only available through VM staff refferals so no point in phoning up yourself for it.

deal below

So what’s the deal?
    For just £23.99 a month plus a one-off connection and set-up fee of £35, your mates can enjoy everything that our Virgin Media National service offers, with the added bonus of saving a few quid! In fact compared to our standard customer prices your mates will save between £11 and £15 a month or £132 and £155 a year on their broadband package (depending on whether the offer is taken in a LLU or non LLU area).

Here’s exactly what your mates could get as part of this fab deal…

Broadband L (40GB usage limit)
    The fastest broadband we can give you, up to 20Mb
    Talk Unlimited
    Talk International & Talk Mobile
    Virgin Phone line rental (no need for a BT line)!
    The package also comes with these great extras too:

A free wireless router for all new customers
    Free PCguard Total security
    10GB online storage to backup your stuff
    50 free photo prints every month

And all for just £23.99 a month! But remember, this Mates Rates offer is available until 31 March 2010

2. sounds good mate, I'm already a customer, do I qualify?

Also, what would the extra cost be to add XL TV package?

Cheers

3. Ditto.

And have they sorted out the problem with PC Guard yet? ntl's NetGuard was good, but I had to remove PC Guard when it was forced on me because it prevented the computer from working. Also, is PC Guard a modded Kaspersky? Wondering, because I don't remember ever installing Kaspersky and I've got shreds of it all over the place.

4. What part of virgin??

5. msr

msr LE

It is.

6. ok sounds a good deal but im all ready with virgin and have 50mb broadband tv xl and phone and im paying 62 quid a month can this be done cheaper as im sure when i phoned up i was offered all this for 50 quid a month, when the bill came through and was at 62 quid i phoned virgin and they deny any converstaion taking place so im a bit miffed

7. Your company is getting hammered on this forum, if its as good as you say sort the guys problems and there you go perfect adverts are satisfied customers.

8. Bettarider do you know anything about how the retentions department works im looking to either get a better deal or go elsewhere if i cant get one. Or could the missus sign up as a new customer instead?

9. At a guess Virgin Media, but does it really matter? As a BT engineer, I can tell you that what he's offering is a bloody good deal.

FBG.

10. Well yeah cause i work in virgin media 2.

11. The offer
    Get 3 of our very best services for half price, including V+ HD!

The Mates Rates bundle

Virgin TV

160 digital TV channels including Setanta and Music Video on Demand
    V+ HD box
    Plus, an additional set top box for another room
    Virgin Broadband

Up to 20Mb fibre optic broadband
    Free wireless router (new customers)
    Backup and store precious files. Print 50 free photos a month.
    Virgin Phone

Completely unlimited calls to UK landlines, 24/7.
    Plus, Talk International and Talk Mobile for free.
    All for just £33.50 a month (usually: £67) when taken with e-billing on a Direct Debit. If your mate wants one of our even bigger bundles, such as VIP, they can take it out at full price and get a £33.50 discount instead!

Get Mobile free for 6 months with Mates Rates in June!
    Our friends and family deal just got better - Mates Rates customers can now get one free Mobile SIM Only Contract loaded with 100 any network minutes and 100 any network texts every month until January 2010!

From January onwards customers will receive the nearest equivalent tariff. This will include 200 on-net minutes as well as the 100 minutes and 100 texts for £8.50 a month. This is a SIM only offer so customers will be on a 30 day rolling contract.

Does your Mate want to keep their existing mobile number? No problem. Customers can port over their existing phone number for free onto this offer within 2 working days! Click here to go straight to the Mobile offer we're extending to Mates Rates customers throughout June.

Add Sky Sports and Movie channels

Add Sky Sports 1,2,3,4 and Extra for only £19
    Add Sky Sports and Sky Movies for only £20 (by taking the discounted VIP pack)
    Move fast - this offer is only available until 30 June. New customers or existing customers adding Phone that order by 31 May get a free installation too!

There are some additional ways you can free install, see below….we need to add this in or refer to it…

Free Installation - who gets it?
    There's no install fee for new customers

There's no install fee for existing customers that are adding services that include a telephone

There's no install fee for existing customers that already have triple play with V+ box & additional set top box and are already on XL Plus or higher tier package

There's no install fee for existing customers that already have triple play with V+ box & additional set top box on a package lower than XL Plus, and are upgrading to XL Plus or higher tier package

Free install includes standard, priority or standard Quick Start install

When would we charge for installation?
    There is a £30 install fee for existing customers that aren't adding a phone line, but are adding a service (broadband or TV)

There's a £30 install fee for existing triple play customers with a V+ box adding on the optional additional set top box (if they choose not to have an additional set top box then installation is free)

There's a £30 install fee for existing triple play customers adding a V+ box (whether or not they choose an additional set top box)

What about our existing customers?
    Our existing customers can enjoy the fantastic Mates Rates monthly discount too, even if they are already on XL Plus or VIP. See above for installation charges

12. Is this going to stay at £33.50, or is it a short term offer that is going to creep up bit by bit as Sky (who I have just binned) have been doing for years?

13. No idea mate but £33 quid is good. if you dont work for virgin media.

14. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

It stays that rate as long as who signs you up is employed by virgin

15. so either of you looking to leave anytime soon then?