new videos of stan.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by eveyoz, Sep 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My lad was there when that happened; he says it was the pharmacy building.

I've just posted it to him and he replied, "it was only a 500, mum". Looked pretty scary to me whatever it was.
  2. If they knew their mum was watching they'd have watched their language.

God bless the lads out there.
  3. Nah, I wouldn't expect that, not considering the circumstances they're under, especially in Sangin.

I truly hope there are no more fatalities and they come home quickly now.
  4. I remember my mate, he'd been out in Sennybridge for 2 weeks. The first night home with the family mum invited gran around etc.

After he'd been away with the lads- mid way through the meal . . . . "Gran, pass me the f*ckin butter". Hehe

Mum was not amused. :(
  5. When my lad was home on R&R recently, I took him to his grandparents (who live in Spain) for a rest. During the flight, I had to ask him to please not swear in front of them because my father, in particular, would go ballistic. At the same time, I apologised to my parents in advance if he inadvertently slipped up.

He behaved himself very well although we were only there for 4 days.

I can understand how difficult it must be because the swearing is virtually part of the military language.
  6. Get some!!! Hope it sent a few to Allah..
  7. There's a part Richard Holmes' "Dusty Warriors", and I wish I had it here so that I could quote it, where he describes two different types of languages that those in the forces use, when at work and when at home. He puts it really well.
  8. I have noticed videos being posted of footage from jet fighters claiming to be in Afghanistan. However they have been taken from Nato's webpage from airstrikes during the Balkans conflict!
  9. Excellent - from "20 seconds" it was nail biting stuff - quite professional in its build up and palpable relief. Well done all round!
  10. Well done 16 AA TAC(P) , Nice one Barry ! Ruby your son gets around a bit , glad he is over his rescue .Best of luck to the lad.