New veterans ID cards rolled out to service leavers

MoD_RSS repeating a post from 11 months ago.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you have to hand it back when you re-join at 56?

Triggered by a minor update to the page on the MOD website.
When I posted, it didn't have the reference to an update - nevertheless, it still says that the first roll-out will happen last year.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Nuts to the ID card - I don’t want 10% off in Greggs. When do I get the much hyped veterans railcard?
Not until Labour are in power and the camp's been built.

Are these being rolled out to us old farts yet, or is it still just the new leavers who are getting them?

Nah - it was a Tory pledge. Johnny Mercer's reputation hangs on it...
I'm only surprised that Jezza did not jump on the bandwagon, I can almost hear him now "I promise free solid gold, diamond encrusted ID cards for leavers, veterans, their entire extended families and pets"

I'm only surprised that Jezza did not jump on the bandwagon, I can almost hear him now "I promise free solid gold, diamond encrusted ID cards for leavers, veterans, their entire extended families and pets"
Considering his hatred for the armed forces and Jews, that railcard for veterans would have been a one-way ticket to the showers

Q_Man

Old-Salt
Are these being rolled out to us old farts yet, or is it still just the new leavers who are getting them?
I'm a new leaver and I haven't got one. I want my free 'tings and that, innit! I'm a veteran dontchaknow.

If only I'd had the foresight to keep a spare MOD 90......

According to a robot voice on the websites phone the latest news will be posted on the website if and when something happens. Not holding my breath.

I'm a new leaver and I haven't got one. I want my free 'tings and that, innit! I'm a veteran dontchaknow.

If only I'd had the foresight to keep a spare MOD 90......
Foresight is a marvellous thing,................only my foresight picture looks more like my son than me nowadays.

They like veterans in the US so it would come in handy.

Foresight is a marvellous thing,................only my foresight picture looks more like my son than me nowadays.

They like veterans in the US so it would come in handy.
Oi vey, I thought you said foreskin.
I always take my red book when we go down South. Able to blag loads, especially in Montana!

Latest Threads