New Version

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by Bad CO, May 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

After a bit of a battle this afternoon, I've upgraded us to the latest version of the ARRSEpedia software. I'd therefore be grateful if any strange wiki behaviour is brought to my attention.

2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Might just be me but the URL www.arrse.co.uk redirects straight to the wiki now.

3. J_D

J_D LE

Gonna be blonde and ask what the difference is in the software? Or is there not one?

Only asking because I am half way getting to grips with the wiki before the change :oops:

4. Bad CO

SFD - not for me it doesn't. Can you confirm that it is still doing it?

Anya
    The software we use (MediaWiki) is an Open Source (i.e mainly free) project. Like all such projects, the people who develop it are constantly updating it to fix bugs and add new features. Depending on your point of view, this is either a very good thing or a complete pain in the ARRSE! Don't worry though there are no real changes to the functionality although if you want to see what has been updated then Click Here......

5. Sixty

6. msr

msr LE

Am using firefox and not seeing this problem...

msr

7. Also on Firefox - no problem here!

8. Bad CO

I'm thinking that it may be a cache problem at your end - try clearing the cache and see if that helps ....

9. Sixty

Probably just me then. Not a problem, I can get straight in via BFG's toolbar.

Edit: That was it BCO. Problem sorted, cheers.