New Version of MK2

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by easesprings, Dec 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am led to believe that MK2 is now to take on the form of residential training, is this the case? If so does anyone ahve any further info

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. So, after all that time and effort spent on re-invention, it turns out what we needed was a...

...wheel.

3. I only heard it last wek on a course as I, mentioned as was starting it over christmas and got told I wouldn't bother as its getting changed

4. msr

msr LE

5. Can't see anything there unless I am being blonde. However when I log on to my MK2 package all I can see is the cut down version I have to complete no new or different modules

6. msr

msr LE

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE MILITARY KNOWLEDGE (MK) COURSES
    AS OF 1st DECEMBER 2008

1. Anyone who is studying, or is about to study, MK1, MK1(V), MK2 and MK2(V) or is involved in mentoring MK students, needs to be aware of significant changes to these four MK courses.

2. All four MK courses will be substantially revised and re-released on Monday 1st December 2008.

[snip]

MK 2. Modules 1,2,3 and 4 will be revised.
    MK 2(V). Module 4 will be revised.
    When a module changes the summative assessment questions associated with it change as well.

7. Ok I missed that bit. I will take 5 extras for being a retard. In fact for being such a mong I will re do MK1

8. msr

msr LE

The interesting thing is that I thought the MK2(V) modules were the same as MK2 ones...

9. There are 3 messages being mixed here, they are:

1. The change to all MK modules (revision and re-release).
    2. The fact that TA can now only do MK2 (V), as they now won't register us on onto MK2 (MSR we will be a very elite band ie those that have an MK2 pass in the TA).
    3. Some Brigades are now doing MK concentrations, as far as I am concerned this flies in the face of the whole principle. The distance learning package wasn't designed to be bolstered with tutorials (although Mentors did always have this option). I see this as RTC creep and will again slow down people on the way through ROCC.

The course has been updated is all. No change apart from that

10. msr

msr LE

I disagree. I have been tasked by the CO with running an MK1 Revision day, which will cover Modules 1,2 and 3 and this will provide an opportunity (open to the Bde and RMR/RNR) to get on and pass these exams and have the assessments conducted in accordance with the specifications.

Asking people to do it in isolation, which is effectively what is happening, has resulted in very low pass rates for the TA.

Surely we should be offering the ever dwindling band of YOs all the support we can?

msr
    P.S. I will be posting up the revision slides when I have completed them.

11. Is this the MK2 Mk2?

12. More wheel re-invention going on - a couple of RTCs already run MK1 weekend courses why on earth not use these rather than coming up with your own.

13. msr

msr LE

Which 2?

msr

14. Think we'll have to agree to disagree on my 3. 51* RTC does it and I know that other RTCs and some AECs do it too.