New vehicle produced for Afghanistan- Pitbull

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dashing_Chap, Mar 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. How long will it be before we see a premiership footballer with one? :roll:

3. Make an awful mess of the pitch though but the mgs will clear the goal line quick.
  4. Designed by the Taliban, was it!!
    This crap would not even be safe on the streets of Peterboroughstan.
  5. Looks like an Action Man car, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Pleased to see they remembered the BV!

I would query why the driver's legs are left hanging out though?
  6. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I see from your Profile you say "Anything to do with Landrovers", so do I assume you would prefer to see those retained on Ops?
  7. Looks good wish we'd had them instead of WMIKs
  8. Mate's a gunner on one of these buggers, he loves it and can't wait to get over there in the new few weeks and give it some.
  9. Fcuk me! Looks a bit like a cross between an old school beach buggy and a mini moke and about as useful. I note that the crew have naff all protecion, but the asset (well, what the mod regard as the asset) in the form of machinery seems well provided for.

I only hope I have underestimated it, but I suspect it won't be long before we see these parked in the "mothers with children" reserved places outside the local Sainsburies
  10. "Senior officers say the vehicle will greatly enhance the fighting capability of their soldiers, and will save lives".

Call me old fashioned if you will......waits for it.......lets hope the senior officers dont get some twat picking them orft with an old .303 or AK. Dont see too much protection for the crew.

The LRDG were fine in their day however, where the entire population appears iffy at best, wouldnt some sort of protection be advisable?
  11. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

As an ex-Crab, I'm clearly on dangerous territory here, but ....

Presumably the lack of armour is a trade-off for speed, mobility and easy application of defensive/offensive firepower?

Listening out for input from those who know ....
  12. I was a .50 gunner on a WMIK on Herrick 4, the taliban feared the vehicle so much and was refered as a Porcupine. This vehicle will unlease hell on the fu**ers. BRING IT ON!!
  13. Similar arguments done to death here

Consensus seems to be that those who use things like this prefer them for the proper role.
  14. My brother,ex REME, is involved with production of this vehicle in Devonport Dockyard,he tells me it is based on design of beach buggy,apparently prototypes have been well received by HM Forces.